chapter five.

chapter five. Jacob the Liar.

third person POV

-- --

"So here's the thing," Sky muttered as she sat down in front of her two friends; Astrid and Kayla. "I know we can't skate, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about it or watch it, and-."

"Yeah, you're right. It sucks. It does, but it's no one's fault. We're still friends, nothing has to change," Kayla assured her worried friend with a soft smile before tapping on the back of her phone nervously.

"You wanna check your phone?" Astrid suggested, noticing the nervous tapping the brunette was demonstrating.

"Jacob's here," Kayla beam in excitement as she squeezed her phone tightly.

"What?"

"Wait, Jacob as in Jacob?" Sky questioned, stunned by Kayla's statement.

"And here... as in here?" Astrid added on with the same amount of confusion. "I thought he was in Canada?"

"He was," Kayla sighed, "well.. he's not quite here but he's in the country."

"What? Why?" Astrid questioned, not understanding why Kayla was just hearing about this now if he was coming to visit her.

"He hasn't told me why thought," Kayla informed her two friends causing them to share a look while the ice skater continued on, "do you think he came to surprise me?"

"Maybe, but why would he-."

"I think he came to surprise me," Kayla cut off Sky's response as she gushed with excitement.

"Right," Astrid and Sky chuckled, playing along with Kayla's delusional thought.

"Oh, he stopped!" Kayla stated, watching his icon stop at a nearby rink. "We should beat him to the surprise."

"You really think that's a good idea?" Sky pressed, not wanting to see her new friend hurt by the possible outcome of this situation.

"Yeah, I-."

"Uh no, I think it's an awesome idea," Kayla stopped Astrid from backing up Sky's remark. "Come!" Kayla added as she grabbed her bag and stood up. Sky and Astrid shared a quick glance before shrugging their shoulders; giving into Kayla's crazy idea.

"He's gonna be so psyched to see me," Kayla bounced with joy as the two girls caught up to her side.

"Don't you think it's a bit weird that he flew all this way here and didn't tell you?" Astrid wondered out loud, trying to get Kayla to see this from their point of view. "It just seems a little off..."

"Yeah and by a little, we mean massively," Sky added on to the comment to emphasis the point for Kayla.

"Well, it wouldn't have been much of a surprise if he told me," Kayla replied back, trying to explain her view. "You thought your mom was protective? You should meet Jacob's parents. They take his phone, they limit his screen time. I mean, that could be-." Kayla stopped rambling when her phone chimed, "oh, we're here."

"AVC Arena?" Astrid questioned confused on why he would go to a different skating rink than Kayla's.

"Maybe he got the wrong rink?" The trio entered the staking rink in hopes to figure out why Jacob was in England and did not tell Kayla. "I don't understand. Why would he come all this way just to go to some random rink?"

"You looking for me?" Kayla, Sky, and Astrid stoped walking down the concrete stairs as they heard a male voice speak up from behind them. "Listen, I'm flattered you went to the trouble of tracking me down, but this ain't never gonna happen."