chapter 30

Alara's POV...

I came back from Marcus's place, my mind so numb. I wanted to cry, scream at everyone or anyone but I can't form a word. I am shocked right now, I am feelings plenty of emotions Rage tops it all. As I entered in my gaze instantly fell on Hunter. He was busy with his phone as he stood waiting for the elevator door to open.

As the door opened he went inside, I wanted to go away from him but I was too tired and exhausted from everything that has happened today. I didn't look his way and went inside. I stood a good distance away from him and to my luck we were the only ones in the elevator. I wanted to turn around and yell at him or kick him or do whatever I can to lessen this rage but no I couldn't even turn his way. He hurt me the worst way anyone can ever do.

"Where were you?" He said from behind me. His voice held sterness as if he is talking to a small btatty child. When I didn't spoke he spoke again.

"I am talking to you, you know that it's not safe out there at this hour" he switched to soft tone at that I looked up at him through the front mirror. His eyes widen a little when he took in my red eyes and the next moment he held me by my both shoulders and turn me towards him.

"Kitten were you crying?" He asked his voice laced with concern, or should I say fake concern.

"Why does it matter to you? It's none of your concern. Stay away from me" I said as I pushed him away from me. He didn't expect the push and moved few steps away from me. Elevator doors opened and I stepped out, I marched towards my apartment without glancing back.

I cried myself to sleep, when I woke up in the morning I got ready for the university half-heartedly. I decided to do something, I want to hear it from him that he is Mr Handsome. I want to know why he did what he did. If he wanted to get rid of me then why was he there to wipe my tears. Why did he took care of me? Why did he come close to me? Why did he make me .... fall in love with him? Twice!

I walked out and saw him waiting for me, when I walked out he gave me a small smile which I returned with a scoff. His brow knitted as he looked at me. I started walking away from him. He called me few times.

"Kitten,... Kitten..." He was calling me.

"Alara" he said my name for the first time and I stopped in my tracks but didn't turn around. If only the circumstances were different I would cherish this moment. I wanted to hear my name from his mouth for so long. If only...!

He came behind me and turn me towards him as he grab my arm. His face held a little anger and annoyance.

"What happened?" He asked me as he gazed at my face trying to read what's on my face but he won't anything this time.

"I asked you one thing, stay away from me. Is it that difficult for you?" I said and his expression changed.

"Why are you saying that?" His voice small barely audible.

"Because I don't want to anything with you" I said crossing my arms as I gave him a sharp look.

"Did I do something?" He asked a little unsure. I wanted to yell at him for being so clueless right now.

"You want me to tell you that?" I gritted out in anger. He held my hand in his large one's as he pressed them lightly.

"Talk to me Kitten, I seriously don't know what you are talking about" he said. I narrowed my eyes at him and pulled my hand out of his eventhough his touch felt so good and comforting.

"Mr Handsome don't like it when I talk to you," I said and closely watch the expression on his face which change to confusion then quickly turn blank.

"Who?" He asked.

"You remember I once told you I love someone, my Mr Handsome. We are back again, he called me yesterday and we are together. He told me that he loves me and he doesn't want me to talk to any guy especially not you" I lied through my teeth but I ant to hear it from his mouth. I want him to confess that he is my Mr Handsome or was!

"It's impossible" he muttered more to himself.

"What is impossible?" I asked him half expecting him to tell me the truth.

"You... you told me that he love someone else... you said that you met his girlfriend" he said desperately. He looked alarmed and a little angry as he thought someone is playing with me. But it's the only way I can get truth out of him.

"He lied!" I said.

"How can you believe him?" He gritted through his teeth. I shrugged.

"Why shouldn't I?" I said nonchalantly narrowing my eyes at him.

"Kitten someone is playing with you, it would be him. How can you be so sure it's him?" He said desperately as he palmed my face.

"And how are you so sure that it's not him? I know him for two years almost three!" I told him. And he frowned at me, I can see he is getting tired and irritated but do I care? No!

"I am going to meet him today so I don't want you anywhere near me when he will come" I said and his face turned grim. I didn't wait and start walking.

"Stop Kitten just listen to me..." He said but I didn't stop.

"Just stop!" He gritted in anger, still not something that I wanted to hear.

"Princess, its me .... I am your Mr handsome" he said finally, his voice filled with pain and something else that I couldn't pinpoint. I stopped in my tracks and looked back at him.

He was looking down on the ground, he looked so exhausted and tired!