chapter 40

"Con...Congratulations Lily" I barely said the words after a long silence.

"Thank you, Alara. I wish you were here too, " she said with a sigh.

"Yeah... I wish, too!" I said as I tried hard not to shed tears.

"Lily, I have to go. Will talk to you later!" I said.

"Yeah, sure, bye!" She said, and I hung up. I couldn't stop myself as I covered my face with my hands and cried.

I don't know for how long I sat like that in the living room. I only looked up when I heard the door shut behind me. I immediately wiped my cheeks, hoping he wouldn't see my tears. I feel like the moment I met him, he has always seen me crying, and now more than ever.

"Princess!" He called me as he always does when he comes back. It's his way of greeting me. I didn't say anything back too, afraid that if I spoke, I would start crying again.

"Are you okay?" He asked his voice laced with worry.

"Yeah..." I cleared my throat.

"Then look at me," he said sternly, and I took a deep breath and then turned around towards him. I didn't meet his eyes and looked down. He walked towards me and raised my chin so that our eyes met. His gaze turned hard to my tear-stricken face.

"What happened, kitten?" He asked gently as he palmed my cheek. His eyes were frantic as he looked at my face.

"I..." I teared up again at the thought of what Lily said.

"Hey, hey, shhh baby, don't cry. Tell me what happened. I will make it better, " he said with such confidence that even for a second, I thought he would but then shrugged the thought away.

"Caleb..he " I removed my glasses as I looked up at him.

"Did he call you?" He asked me. I shake my head.

"He is getting married," I whispered and then teared up.

"Without me!" I added, then think hurt me the most is that he doesn't want me to be by his side on his big day.

"I have waited for this to happen for years now, and now that he is finally settling in, I won't be there with him in his happiness. He didn't even tell me, Lily called me. If it wasn't for Lily telling, I wouldn't even know of it, " I hiccuped. He wiped my tears away as he kissed my forehead.

"I am sorry, kitten. I am sorry!" He said, and I don't know why he is saying sorry. It's not his fault, I decided to leave my brothers and choose him. I know he is grateful that I chose him but it always makes him guilty that I am not happy.

"You don't have to!" I said and held his hand.

"When are we leaving?" I asked trying to change the topic.

"In half an hour, are you sure you want to go?" He asked, he looked a little nervous. I have never seen him nervous before so it also makes me nervous.

"Yes I want to," I said, it would be great for the change of scenario.

"Okay, I will take a shower then we will leave," he said and went upstairs not before making sure I am not crying anymore. I went to my room to change, I wore jeans and a shirt, I wore a black leather jacket that matches hunter. I smiled at myself in the mirror. I should be happy for my brother even if I am not there with him to celebrate that happiness!
~~~

He parked his bike in front of a building which looked a little old and is quite away from the main city. I took in my surrounding, it was a deserted place with no other buildings around. I shuddered!

"Are you okay?" His arm came around my shoulder as he studies my face. I smiled at him in reassurance and nodded.

"Yes!" I said and he held my hand in his as we wall inside. He pulls me into a long hallway with different doors. He stopped in front of a double door and opened it.

Few guys were walking in the hallway, they greeted Hunter who only nodded at them in greeting. He had his usual hard face and intimidating demeanour as we crossed the path. Some were scared of him.

He pulls me inside the room and shut it behind us. It was a medium sized room with lockers and a couch in the middle.

"Sit here!" He said as he made me sit on a couch. Then he walked towards the lockers, he opened one of them. He fished out some clothes. He went towards a door at the far corner in the room probably to change.

I waited as he comes out wearing the loose black shorts barely up to his knees and a black vest. Then he fished out tactical fingerless gloves from inside the locker. He covered his hands with the gloves. I studied him closely, his tattoos were on display through his sleeveless vest. His arms were covered in tattoos. He looked handsome as ever.

When he looked up at me he smirked lightly.

"Like what you see?" He asked and I turn red as I looked away. I got caught ogling my boyfriend!

"I.." I couldn't complete what I was saying as the door opened and someone came in.

"Man I thought you are ditching us again" Marcus sighed as he looked at Hunter all ready for the fight. Then his gaze went to me and he sucked in a breath.

"Hey Princess! I didn't know you were joining us today" he said giving me a big smile as he make his way towards me. I heard gunter groaned in displeasure as he shake my hand and pull it to his lips as he placed a small peck.

"Behave Marcus!" Hinter growled lowly as he took few steps towards us.

"Come on man! I know she is off limits" Marcus pouted.

"How are you princess?" He asked me, him calling me Princess doesn't settle with me, only my Hunter can call me that.

"Alara... please call me Alara" I said as I looked up at him, he looks taken aback for a moment then smiled at me.

"Alright Alara!" He said and I smiled at him, then I look at Hunter who had a small smile on his face.

"You have 5 minutes left" Marcus informed Hunter who nodded and then walked towards me. He took my hand in his.

"Stay with Marcus, he will take you outside. I will be out in a moment. If you feel uncomfortable, you tell Marcus he will bring you back here, okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"I want you to win and come out unscathed" I said as I palmed his cheek. He lean into my touch as he closed his eyes. A smirk adorned his handsome face.

"I always win and today I have a girl to impress so there is no chance of me to loose" he said as he opened his eyes and looked in mine. I smiled at him.

"I hope that girl is me, otherwise..." I playfully threatened him. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I will see you later" he whispered, I step away and looked at Marcus who was watching his with an open mouth.

"What?" I asked with a frown.

"I never thought this guy could smile, and talk so sweetly... wow!" Macus said in aww and I chuckled as hunter groaned behind me.

"What have you done to our old, rotten and rude Hunter?" Marcus asked wiggling his brow and I laughed.

"Marcus!" He said in his Deep voice which looked almost like a threat as it sobered Marcus up and he turn towards me.

"Let's go" he said and was about to turn around when Hunter stopped him.

"Stay by her side, if anything happend to her I will kill you" Hunter said in a deep threatening voice, Marcus gulped in fear as he nodded.

"There he is back again!" Marcus said as he looked at me.

"Marcus!" Hunter take a step towards him but he raise his hand up as if surrendering.

"Okay okay I am joking, let's go Alara otherwise your boyfriend will kill me" he said and walked out. I followed him not before placing a kiss on Hunter's cheek wishing him good luck.