chapter 39

"Marry me!" He said and I stilled. I couldn't make a sound as I gaped at him. I didn't expect him to ask me that.

"I.. you.. I... we..." I stuttered unable to form a sentence. His lips turned up sadly as he sighed.

"It's okay, you don't have to answer right now, I can wait!" He said and I felt so bad. Yes I want to spend my life with him and I also know that he is the only one for me. I know if I will ever marry someone it would be him but I don't think I am ready for it. I am still young only 19, and I want my brothers to be there with me on my big day.

"Hunter... I don't know if it's the right time... I mean we are still so young. I... oh God... I don't know what to say. If I will ever marry someone it would be you that I can promise" I said looking in his eyes and he believed me. His fingers caressed my cheeks lightly.

"Thank you!" He said and I looked up at him confused.

"Why?" I asked but he shrugged and turn around to walk to his room. I saw him going, then I went inside my room. I laid down on my bed thinking whether it was a good decision or not.

~~~

After that day I trued to move on with my life and be happy if not for me than for Hunter. I started going out with him more and we would eat together. I also tried to cook for him which was an epic fail but still it was appreciated by him.

I hate those days when he and to go for the fight. He mostly come back bruised, most of which are on his lower body as they have this rule of not touching the face which I am thankful for because I don't want him to ruin that handsome face.

I would treat his wounds and he would sit quietly like an obedient child. He has offered me once to go see his fight but I declined immediately. I don't think I can watch him getting hurt. I also want him to pursue some other profession which would not involve him being hurt but I haven't said it aloud.

He is right, he doesn't have a degree not yet but soon he will get one. He is taking online classes for which I am very proud of him. I am sure in a few years he will be a successful man.

"Hunter!" I called him as I closed the first aid box. He hummed, his eyes closed as he leaned his head down on the back of the couch. He look tired!

"Why don't you leave this? I don't like seeing you hurt" I said in a small voice. Seeing him with those bruises does things to me. He opened his eyes and look at me with a small barely there smile.

"It's my only way of earning" he sighed as he take my hand in his and kissed the back of it.

"But ..." I paused as I looked down, in a way he is right but I don't like it...!

"Kitten!" He said as he touched my chin to raise my head up. Our eyes met!

"I will leave this all soon but not yet!" He said and I only made myself to nod. It's enough for me right now that he will leave this behind.

"Alright?" He asked with a small grin.

"Alright" I grinned back at him.

"Come here" he said as he open his arms for me. I moved to his arms as he embrace me. He wasn't reeking of cigarettes which is good think. I think he is quitting, and I am so happy.

"You are tired, you should sleep" I said still in his arms.

"Stay like this for few more minutes, please" he added at the end softly.

"Okay" I said and blushed as he kissed the top of my head.

~~~

In the morning Hunter dropped me off at University. As I stepped down, I saw few girls looking at Hunter and it didn't go well with me. I looked back at him and he was looking at me as always. Why does he have to be so handsome?

"What happened?" He frowned a little at my narrowed eyes.

"All the girls are looking at you as if they want to devour you" I huffed as I crossed my arms. I even go as far to glare at girl who pass by us with her eyes on my Hunter.

"Excuse me do you have a problem?" I asked her and she turn red and ran away.

"Princess, I am only yours" he said as he pull me towards him.

"I trust you but I don't trust them" I said as I glared at few other girls who stopped looking in his direction. He chuckled lightly and I glared at him.

"Sorry!" He said trying to stop himself from laughing.

"What will you do if anybody would look at me like that?" I raised my eyebrown at him and his face turned hard instantly.

"Exactly! That's what I thought" I said and he sighed.

"Kitten we shouldn't be bother by them, right?" He tucked my hair behind my ear softly as he gazed in my eyes. I nodded!

"Good" he said with a small smile.

"I will pick you up in the evening, okay!" He said and I bid him goodbye not before kissing his cheek.

~~

"Hunter!" We were out on his bike wandering around the city at night.

"Kitten!" He said back and I smiled as I placed my head on his back.

"When is your next fight?" I asked him, he tensed for a moment but then answered.

"A day after tomorrow!" He said.

"I want to come" I told him, he didn't speak for a moment as if not believing what am I saying.

"Are you sure?" He asked and I smiled at the hidden worry.

"Yes I am!" I said and he hummed.

"Alright!" He said.