Part 1:17

edited 12/04 3024

◇──◆──◇──◆

EXT. NEW YORK CITY SKYLINE - STARK TOWER ​- DAY

IRON MAN arrives at STARK TOWER

where Selvig, ACTIVATES the CMS device, holding the Tesseract.

JARVIS Sir, I took off the arc reactor. The device is already self-sustained.

TONY Shut it down, Dr. Selvig.

SELVIG It's too late! It can't stop now. He wants to show us something! A new universe.

IRON MAN Okay.

IRON MAN aims his hands toward the CMS and FIRES. The energy from his boosters SHATTERS with a deafening CRACK! Selvig falls backwards.

DOWN BELOW, CITIZENS OF NEW YORK look up at STARK TOWER.

IRON MAN stares in disbelief at the CMS unharmed.

JARVIS The barrier is pure energy. It's unbreachable. The Mark VII is not ready to be deployed.

TONY Skip the spinning rims. We're on the clock.

TONY lands his SUIT and goes through the gauntlet and unsuits him. LOKI looks up at him, smiling. They proceed to walk into the penthouse

.INT. STARK PENTHOUSE -​ DAY

Loki walks in, holding the scepter. Tony casually walks down the steps, towards the bar.

LOKI Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity.

TONY Uh -- actually, I'm planning to threaten you.

LOKI You should have left your armor on for that.

TONY Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the blue stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?

LOKI Stalling me won't change anything.

TONY No, no, no! Threatening. No drink? You sure? I'm having one.

LOKI The CHITAURI are coming, nothing will change that. What have I to fear?

TONY THE AVENGERS. (Loki looks at him, confused) It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. 'EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES' type of thing.

LOKI Yes, I've met them.

TONY SMILING Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one.

TONY But, let's do a head count here. Your brother, the demi-God; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them.