Chapter 1: A new beginning

Izuku hated people sometimes. Seriously. His ex friend, Katsuki Bakugo, always bullied him just because he was quirkless. Izuku then heard someone crying. He went into the alleyway where he heard it.

He saw a young boy, about his age, sitting against one of the walls. Izuku knelt down next to him. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked. The boy shook his head.

"What's wrong?" Izuku asked gently. He could tell the boy was shy, so he was trying to be as gentle as possible. The boy looked up at Izuku.

"I can't save the dogs," he trembled. "My home can only house two at the most right now, but there's this female dog that I really want to help and she has five puppies. They'll be euthanized if they don't find a home."

"Oh, I can help!" Izuku said. "I've always wanted a dog! Maybe my mom will let me take in the puppies and you can house the mother dog! You can bring her to visit her pups any time!"

"I can?" the boy asked. "Yeah," Izuku said. "No need to fret. I can take her puppies." He pulled a notepad out of his pocket and wrote down something, then ripped out the piece of paper and gave it to the boy.

"Here's my address," he said. "Now you'll know where the puppies live." "Thanks," the boy said quietly. He put the paper in his pocket. "I'm Izuku Midoriya," Izuku said. "You can call me Midoriya.

"K-Koji Koda," the boy whispered. "You can call me Koda, I guess." "Well, Koda, don't cry about the dogs," Izuku said. "I can help them! Don't worry!" Koda smiled softly. "Thanks, Midoriya."

"Now let's go to the shelter and save those dogs," Izuku said. "Alright," Koda said. The two of them headed to the shelter and Koda showed Izuku the dogs.

"So that's her?" Izuku asked. Koda nodded. "She's a pitbull, but she's actually the sweetest dog ever, and she really doesn't deserve this bad reputation."

"Yeah, I hate how pitbulls are stereotyped," Izuku said. "Let's take them." The two boys adopted the dogs and went to Izuku's house.

"We should name them now," Izuku said. "Um, I already named the mom, hope you don't mind," Koda said awkwardly. "I named her Usagi."

Izuku laughed. "You named her rabbit?" "Yeah," Koda said. "I just... I thought it'd fit her." "I like it," Izuku said. "It does fit her." Koda got a collar out of thin air and put it on her neck, then put a tag with the name 'Usagi' engraved on it on her collar.

" Koda got a collar out of thin air and put it on her neck, then put a tag with the name 'Usagi' engraved on it on her collar

"I found out something about the black puppy," Koda said. "See how bright her eyes are?" Izuku nodded. "Midoriya, she's blind," Koda said. "She doesn't ever look at me and when I touch her, sometimes she growls at me."

"I want to name her Nozomi," Izuku immediately said. "In hopes that she may gain her vision one day." Koda looked at the blind puppy. "It's perfect," he said.

 "It's perfect," he said