Chapter 5: New friends and a snake

Izuku was in the front yard with his pets. Aoi gliding around, the dogs and lion running and playing, Rakku sunbathing, and Suzuki crawling up trees. He thought nothing could go wrong. (God, that sounds cliche)

Well, until his ex-friend, Katsuki Bakugo, showed up. He pinned him against a tree. "Hey everyone, look! Izuku's only friends!" he teased.

"Bakubro, that's not really nice," the red haired boy next to him said. "Shut up, shitty hair!" Bakugo snarled. Concerned, Suzuki crawled down to Izuku.

The dogs started growling and barking, Rakku started hissing, and Furuyuki sounded her tiny roar. "Calm down, it's okay," a black haired boy was trying to sooth them. "We won't let anything happen to him."

"Hey! Pick on someone your own size!" a voice spoke. Izuku turned his head to see Koda! Koda pushed Bakugo off and stood in front of Izuku. "Why do you care about this quirkless nerd?!" Bakugo snarled.

"Midoriya is my best friend!" Koda snarled back. Izuku lit up after hearing that. "The safety of him and the animals is my highest priority!" Usagi stepped beside Koda and growled at the hot-headed blonde.

Before she could attack, however, a snake came out of the trees and hissed at Bakugo. He began shaking his tail in warning, making a faint noise. That's how Izuku and Koda found out it was a rattlesnake.

 That's how Izuku and Koda found out it was a rattlesnake

"Snake!" Bakugo yelled. As much as he denied being afraid of anything, his eyes were wide. It was clear that he was afraid of the snake. He grabbed a rock and got ready to bash its head in, before the pink-skinned girl stopped him.

"Leave it alone," she said. "What's your problem with quirkless people, Bakugo? They've done nothing to you. Even if they wanted to, you could easily kill them." "Shut up, raccoon eyes!" Bakugo snarled.

"No, you shut up," the yellow haired boy said. "Bakubro, all he wanted to do was let his pets outside, and you're not letting him," the black haired boy added.

"Whatever," Bakugo snarled, then stormed off. "Sorry about him," the red haired boy said. "I'm Ejiro Kirishima, and this is Denki Kaminari, Mina Ashido, and Hanta Sero."

The snake began to hiss in Izuku's face, as if checking if he was okay. He wasn't rattling his tail anymore. "I'm fine," Izuku said. "Don't worry about me." The snake slithered down and rested on Izuku's shoulders.

That's when her noticed the snake was missing half of the rattle on his tail. "His tail, the tip is missing," he said. "That must've been why the rattling was so faint. He must've been a pet in the past."

"That's bad," Kirishima said. "Oh shit..." Sero whispered. Mina winced at that, and Denki covered his mouth in shock. (Pun not intended)

"Don't worry, he'll be fine," Koda assured them. "We know how to take care of animals with disabilities. Suzuki, Nozomi, and Rakku gave us some practice."

"I can take him to the vet to scan him for a microchip," Mina offered. "I'd like that," Izuku said. Mina nodded, then took the snake. Izuku texted his mom about it, then looked at Koda.

"You're gonna have to keep him," he said. "My mom doesn't like snakes very much. She said, I quote, "We can deal with a tarantula or the occasional stray dog or cat. A full-grown rattlesnake is crossing the line."

"That logic literally makes no sense," Koda said. "Plus, she was okay with a literal lion cub!" Kaminari turned his head to the woods. "I heard rustling," he said. The group went into the woods and found a wolf with it's paw in a bear trap, and a rusted one at that.

"Poor baby," Sero said in a high-pitched baby voice

"Poor baby," Sero said in a high-pitched baby voice. "How do we get it off?" Kirishima asked. "I can get it," Izuku said. He knelt down and pulled the rusted bear trap and it fell apart, freeing the wolf.

Koda noticed an infected wound on her leg. "Oh my god..." he whispered. "Her leg, it's infected!" "I'm taking her to the vet!" Kirishima said. Koda and Izuku gave a nod of approval, then Kirishima got a leash and collar seemingly out of thin air and put it on the wolf, then left with the limping wolf at his side.

"Anyone notice her body?" Kaminari asked. "What do you mean?" Sero asked. "Well, I noticed that her stomach was kind of swollen," Kaminari said. "Could something in her body be causing that?"

"Oh, that won't be a problem for her," Koda said. "But it may be a problem for us." "How so?" Izuku asked. Koda glanced at Izuku. "Midoriya, the wolf is pregnant."