Chapter 7: Official animal heroes

Koda and Izuku were outside with the pets. Izuku was playing with the dogs, mother wolf, and lioness, and Koda was watching and petting the calmer animals.

Suddenly, someone approached them, a lawyer. "Aren't you the kids that saved all of those animals?" he asked. Koda and Izuku nodded. "Well, I have a proposal," the lawyer said. "Seeing how willing you are to help animals, would you like me to bring you the animals who need you?"

Koda and Izuku didn't know what to say. They looked at each other, then back at the lawyer. "I don't know," Koda finally spoke, which was surprising considering how shy he was. "My mom doesn't allow me to have more than two animals, and I already have a dog and a rattlesnake."

"And I already have a lot of animals," Izuku said. "My house isn't big enough to house many more." "Oh, the government will provide you with a new place and more money if you say you will," the lawyer said.

The two boys thought for a moment, then Izuku spoke. "We have to ask our parents first," he said. "Alright, I'll give you a minute," the lawyer said. Koda pulled his phone out of his pocket and Izuku went inside.

Eventually, he came back. "My mom said it's okay," Izuku said. "Same here," Koda said. "Alright, do you want to do it?" the lawyer asked. "It'll mean leaving your old lives behind and becoming heroes for the animals, no matter the species. You would need code names and hero costumes so no one will pester you all the time."

"Alright, I'll do it," Izuku said. Koda paused. That was a lot of requirements. "Alright, I will too," he finally said. The two of them fist bumped. "Alright, all I need you to do is sign this. You can say goodbye to your parents," the lawyer said. "Obviously, when you're not helping animals, you can visit them, but for now is goodbye."

"Why right now?" Izuku asked out of curiosity. "Let's just say, something might be waiting for you," the lawyer said. "I'll have the authorities escort you there." "Alright," Koda said. He went home for the last time in a while.

"Can you watch the animals for a minute?" Izuku asked. "It'll be a hassle to get them inside." "No problem," the lawyer said. Izuku went inside, he said goodbye to Inko and promised to keep in touch with her.

He went back outside and watched the animals until Koda got back. "What'd your mom say?" Izuku asked. "She said it's okay," Koda said. "Alright, get the animals and I'll get the officer to escort you," the lawyer said. Koda and Izuku leashed the dogs, wolf, lion, and cats, and Koda allowed the snake to wrap around his arm.

Izuku let the tarantula climb onto this shoulder and the sugar glider on the other, and Koda put the eight wolf puppies in a basket since they were still too young to walk. "Okay, I'm ready," Izuku said. "Cool, I think I am too," Koda said. With that, the lawyer had an officer escort them to their new place.

"This place is huge!" Izuku said. "No kidding!" Koda said. "I mean, you'll need to house a lot of animals," the officer said. "Go inside. There's something waiting for you." The two boys were escorted inside, where they saw three orphaned fox cubs, a brown one, a red one, and a black one.

" The two boys were escorted inside, where they saw three orphaned fox cubs, a brown one, a red one, and a black one