𝟒

JULES POV

The hallways I walk through are long and crowded as they usually are before first period. I make a couple more turns and then arrive at the classroom that reads Pre Calc.

I've never been a fan of math. The only math class I liked was geometry because everything made sense, to me at least. Pre Calc consists of way too many numbers and formulas to keep track of.

As I place myself down at my desk I hear a familiar voice call out to me.

"Jules, come over here!" Kiara shouts. She waves her hand to gesture for me to come closer to her.

My bag rolls off of my shoulders and takes a spot down by my desk. I get up and stride over to where she is sitting, taking a seat at the desk in front of her.

"It's a lot so get ready," she warns me.

I plaster a smile on my face. "Okay.. start now," I say while looking over at the clock.

"Last night after we left the rink to go eat, I got a text from an unknown number and I usually don't answer people that I don't have saved in my contacts but the text read 'What are your plans for next Saturday?' and I knew I had to answer!" she begins.

The smirk on my face grows. "Who was it?" I question.

She looks over at a boy who's sitting on the opposite side of the classroom. "The one in the black t-shirt," she explains.

My eyes follow in her direction and I spot a tall, styled man. "Him?" I shout in a whisper. My mouth opens due to my shock, he's beautiful. He has long dark flowy hair and a freckled face. He looks like he could be a model or apart of a punk band, or both.

She nods and brings my attention back to her. "I don't know how he got my number but I ended up agreeing and now we're going together!" she squeals.

I love seeing Kiara happy. It gets kind of hard on her being the youngest one out of all of us. She's still a junior and she's sixteen, she's just really smart so she's in higher classes, that's how we became friends. I remembered her from my classes and then one day I spotted her at the rink, and the rest is history.

"What's his name, how'd he get your number, tell me more!" I shriek in excitement, wanting to know more about this guy.

A smile grows bright on her face. "His name is Andy, he plays basketball for the school and I think he got my number through one of the hockey boys," she explains.

"Hopefully he's friends with some of the good hockey boys. Some of them are.. questionable," I half joke, as my eyes widen.

She laughs in response. "He's friends with Jeremy and Hunter so I think we're good," she states.

Jeremy is a total sweetheart, he's just shy. He was raised by his father who's a preacher so he's never seen being mean to anyone and he was also raised by his grandmother who taught him to be a gentleman and treat women right. It's surprising that he's still single.

Hunter on the other hand was raised by a bunch of rednecks, it's a strange sight that Jeremy and him are close friends.. and Hunter can be sorta sweet.. sometimes.

Our conversation grows quiet for a moment as the teacher enters the classroom. He scoots his chair back and plops himself down, opening his computer.

This means we have about five minutes until he starts lecturing.

"Anything else?" I ponder with a smirk.

She shakes her head. "That's all for now, I just need to figure out what colors we're going to wear.. and we need to find you a date!" she exclaims.