Seven

Tony sighed, running a hand over his face, as he ran through all the data they collected from the files and papers. Friday had uploaded them and he was standing in front of a holographic timeline for this 'winter'. 103 procedures and experiments in 15 years, along with daily mind wipes. Whoever it was, from what he had found, they had put up a fight to remember who they were. Whether they still did or not, he didn't know.

The implant procedure they found, showed it was a way to keep the soldier under control. Tony had a guess that it was because the soldier fought against them the whole time. He hoped that him and the team could find and free them. Whoever it was, would be a good asset to have, the intel they would know.

'Still nothing about the bio tech project? I mean, has anything been found about the changes? Is this another Hulk?..'.. Bruce walks over, reading the timeline.

'Aside from it mentioned..'.. He points to the year 2007... 'They survived it, but no physical changes aside from speed, strength, agility..'.. Tony patted him on the back... 'Don't worry, you're still one of a kind..'

'Thats not what I'm worried about Tony..'.. Bruce swiped at the timeline, bringing up the year 2007 to take a closer look... 'If this person survived it, and Hydra constantly wiped their mind, how can we be sure there's no Hulk? What if there's a lot missing from these reports?..'

'Im guessing there is, but for now, we're lucky to have all this..'.. He gestures to the holo display... 'Still don't have a picture, description or details of who they are, aside from what Wanda has told us..'.. Friday brings up the image of the woman, though the lower half of her face is covered with bandages, her eyes held rage.

'She couldn't be no older than 20 there, and that's at least 10 years ago..'.. Tony shook his head. Through his calculations, she would have been between 14-16 when Hydra took hold of her, and that's by the reports that they have from the first procedure. She could have been younger when they took her.

Hill came rushing into the lab, holding a tablet in her hands... 'We got more intel. Still trying to track the signal and IP it's coming from, but it's heavily coded. It's bouncing around different IPs in different countries before it disappears..'

Tony moved over to her, and she handed him the tablet for him to read... 'The weapon is here, you'll find out soon..'.. Tony read it out loud, frowning... 'They threatening us now?..'

'I don't think it's a threat, I think it's a warning. Whoever is sending this intel, I think it's the same one from the last 5 years..'.. Hill took back the tablet... 'I think it's the same one that's told us about the other bases, names, dates. I think we have someone on the inside of Hydra..'

'Thats good though, right?..'.. Bruce asked looking between the two of them.

'In a way. If Hydra finds out they have a mole, we lose our best informant..'.. Hill sighed, as she swiped through the tablet... 'Damn it..'

'Whats wrong?..'.. Tony asked, looking over her shoulder.

'Theres a glitch in the system. But to get rid of it, we have to shut the whole thing down. I have IT working on it to remove or contain it..'.. She looked up between the two... 'We've run checks, there's no one in the system, and our firewalls, protocols it's all still in place..'

'Still not liking the idea that there's a glitch in a system I created..'.. Tony ran a hand through his hair... 'Friday call the team to the conference room, meeting in 10..'

'You got it boss..'..

'I'll have everyone ready. Who knows if or when this 'weapon' will be known, so we'll be on standby. We'll take shifts in teams, one train, the other rests. We have to be on our game..'.. Tony moved to his desk, and pulled up the schematics for his new suit, not that he needed another one... 'I'll get this finished. Vibranium and nanotech..'.. He smirked back at the other two... 'Indestructible..'

------------------------------------------------------------

Dr Ellis knew he only had minutes before the guards would get through the door. He set fire to his office, burning everything he could.

He had given the soldier new instructions, to make it look like she had killed the avengers. Minor injuries only, render them unconscious. Take the soldier to a secure location, do not return to Hydra. Wait with the winter soldier, and to follow his commands only, once at the secure location.

He hoped that she would be free. He found that someone had tracked the last intel he had sent to the avengers, but was thankful they didn't know of her new instructions. As far as Hydra was aware, she would still carry out their mission.

Dr Ellis looked up at the door, as they finally smashed through the glass pane. The smoke and flames billowed more and he coughed, raising his gun to his head... 'Hydra will fall!..'.. He shouted, before pulling the trigger.

------------------------------------------------------------

Clint walked from his bathroom, ready to go to bed, when then lights shut off in his room. He waited for a moment, before calling out... 'Friday?..'..

When he got no response, he quickly got dressed, thankful that there was enough moonlight coming through the windows that he could see. Once he was dressed, he opened his closet, snatching his bow and quiver, as well as his gun. Slipping it into his waistband, and the quiver on his back, he headed for his door.

He didn't have a comm in his room, as they didn't usually need one. Carefully opening his door, he listened out for sounds, before opening the door wider, and peeking out. 

He could hear fighting going on, down the hallway, towards the main area. He looked across to the rooms opposite, seeing both doors open, but no Sam or Pietro in their rooms.

He carefully made his way down to where the fighting was, now hearing gunfire. He didn't know where the others were, but he hoped that whoever had gotten in, wasn't stupid enough to attempt to take on all the Avengers.

😘