Forty-Four

Tess stood on the porch, watching Clint lead Waffle around, and their son Cooper, atop of the horse. It seemed only yesterday, he was just a newborn, but time had flown by, and here she was, completely retired from running the bar, and doing missions. Tomorrow was their sons 5th birthday, and she couldn't wait to have the family over again.

Her group of girls had grown, helping to save more, all over the country, bringing them to live in of the houses, on the land she had acquired from her old neighbour. He had decided to downsize, and she offered him a good price on his land.

She had then spent the next few years, turning it into a small residential, for her family. 32 houses. Each one had 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms. There was a little park in the middle of the area, for any kids to go play safely.

Max was now a successful businesswoman, and Tess was still a silent partner in the 6 bars they owned. Each one of her girls, succeeded in every goal they had set for themselves, taking the world by storm.

Tess chuckled as Cooper laughed, squealing as Waffle picked up to a trot. Looking back at her life, and everything she went through, she had finally accepted it all. Part of her was knew that someday, some might come for her son, but with the family he had around him, they would keep him safe.

'Dinner is ready you two..'.. She called out to them, and Clint waved in acknowledgement. She could hear what he was saying to Cooper, and laughed when he lifted their son down, and the little boy running as fast as he could to her.

She knew he had the serum, but compared to her, he was only a little stronger and faster than the average 5 year old. He could have a normal life without anyone noticing.

She bent, ready to catch him as he jumped and she spun around with him in her arms... 'Did you see me mommy? We was running..'

She notice Clint take Waffle to the field with the others, letting him run... 'I did, you were amazing. We'll have you trianed as a real cowboy soon..'

'Can I fight a bull too?..'.. He grinned widely at her and she shook her head.

'Cowboys don't fight bulls, they lasso them, but maybe when you're a lot older. Like 30..'.. She tells him, as Clint walks back to the house.

'Will I have my own house like this too? With lots and lots of animals..'.. He asks giddily, bouncing in her arms.

'Mommy and daddy will build you a place. You can draw it if you want, and all the rooms you want inside, the barn too..'.. She tells him, and stumbles as he practically launches himself out of her arms and rushes to the door... 'Shoes off..'

She watches as he drops to his butt on the porch, and pulls off his boots, before rushing inside, giggling.

Her body hummed, and she felt him come up behind her, his arms snaking around her body... 'This dress looks great on you, but you look even better naked..'.. His breath on her neck made her shiver, and she turned in his arms, smiling up at him.

'You're insatiable Mr Barton, what am I going to do with you?..'.. His hands slid down, and he picked her up, her legs wrapping around him as he held her.

'Whatever you want Mrs Barton..'.. He kissed her passionately, and she held on to him, sighing into their kiss.

'Mommy! Can I have ice cream after dinner?..'.. The two broke apart and she shook her head giggling.

'Got to love his timing, right?..'.. Clint said as he dropped his head to her shoulder.

'Come on, the sooner we have dinner, and family time, the sooner he goes to bed..'.. She smiled and he set her back down, before kicking off his boots, pulling her inside with him.