Twenty-Nine

Clint stood by the elevator, adjusting the suit he had on, in the reflection. He had the nanomask on, but hadn't activated it yet, and the glasses were in his pocket, ready. He felt completely uncomfortable with what he was wearing, but if it got him outside, then he'd put up with it. He would wait until the right moment, and ditch her.

Hearing heels clacking against the wooden floor, he sighed and turned... 'Holy shit..'..  His eyes raked over her as his body twitched, pressure sinking low. He shifted, to stop his pants from feeling tight, he hoped it wasn't obvious.

She was wearing a fitted white shirt, and a black skirt that hugged her curves with a split up her left thigh. Her lips were ruby red, her hair pulled up high.

Clints mind suddenly wandered to kissing that lipstick off, her hair wrapped around his hand, her high heels, digging into his thighs as her legs wrapped around him.

Hearing a sound, he focused back, seeing her frown at him, as she snapped her fingers in front of his face... 'Are you ok?..'... He saw genuine concern in her face and he shook his head to clear it.

'Uh, yeah, yeah I'm fine. What is it we're doing?..'.. He looked away from her, trying to focus on anything else to calm the raging heat within.

'Well, seeing as we're engaged, it's only fitting to start moving Matt's stuff. Not that, that is what we'll actually be doing, but Fury has surveillance in his apartment, so that's what we're acting on today..'.. He heard her move around the room, his eyes remained on the elevator.

'We just need to make it seem like a natural thing while I have my program running. It'll tell me where all the devices are, and then I'll disable them..'.. She rejoins him... 'Vee, to the garage please..'

The elevator doors open, and they both step inside, not a moment later the doors close and it takes them down... 'Activate your mask ready and pu-..'

Her words were cut off, as Clint pinned her to the side of the elevator, kissing her hard. She froze for a moment, wanting to push him back, but her body was a traitorous bitch. Her hands gripped his shirt, holding onto him, as though he was a lifeline, kissing back just as passionately. All too soon, it ended, and he stepped back, breathing hard, watching her.

'Uh..'... Mel, smoothed her shirt down and turned to the doors, checking her makeup... 'You might want to wipe your mouth. Siren red, really isn't your colour..'

'Really? That's all you got to say?..'.. She could hear the irritation in him, and she glanced over, raising an eyebrow.

'You attacked me, I don't see what you're pouting over..'... She shrugged, and pulled her lipstick from her bag, reapplying it. She saw he was still glaring at her, and she pulled a small pack of wipes out, and took one. Moving over to him, she gripped his chin, and began to clean him up... 'What was that for anyway?..'

He still didn't say anything more and she rolled her eyes. Once she was done, she tapped his nanomask, activating it. Slipping a hand into his pocket, she pulled out the glasses and put them on him... 'I'm seriously considering swapping you out for Matt..'

'Surprised you two haven't fucked yet, with the way you are with each other..'.. Clint huffed out as the doors opened to the garage.

'Oh, wow. He does speak..'.. She snorted out, linking her arm with his... 'Smile now sunshine, it's time to put on a show..'... She said sweetly, before they walked over to her Audi... 'Remember, you're blind, alright..'

Clint made a growl in his throat and faked a smile anyway.

'Lets get back to yours shall we? See what we can have packed up, before you go to work this afternoon..'.. She walked around to the driver's side and got in.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mel led Clint into the apartment, dropping her keys and bag on the table in the hallway, before kicking off her shoes... 'You want to start out here, or in the bedroom?..'.. She asked, taking his hand and walking backwards, smiling.

Clint knew she was pretending, but he certainly wasn't. If this was going to be an act, he would play his part, very well... 'Bedroom, might as well use the bed one last time, right?..'... From behind the glasses, he saw her facade falter for a second.

She stopped when she walked backwards into the back of the couch, wrapping her arms around his neck and leaning in... 'As much fun as that sounds, we have to get this done right now. But if you really want to break a bed, we can break ours later..'.. She flirted back at him.

'That a promise?..'.. He smirked, seeing her lips part slightly at his words.

'Depends on if we get it all sorted before work. You have a case, and I have a bar to run..'... She pats his chest and slips out from under his arm, moving to the kitchen.

Mel heard Vee in her ear, giving her a rundown on all the surveillance devices in the apartment. Thank goodness they used wireless ones, cause this was going to be so easy... 'I just need to grab my phone for a moment, you want a drink or lunch maybe?.. She called to him, seeing that he moved to sit on the couch.

'Are we ordering or are you cooking?..'.. He called back as she went to her bag and grabbed her phone. Keeping her screen tilted, she typed in a reply to Vee and grinned, knowing that Fury was watching, waiting to strike.

'How about I order, and while we're waiting for it, we can pack up a few things..'.. She headed back to the kitchen, opening the fridge and pulling out some bottles of water. Moving over to the couch, she handed one to him.

He reached out, as if to grab the water but gripped her wrist instead, pulling her down onto his lap. His hands slid down her sides, to her thighs, pulling them open so she straddled his lap. Unfortunately, her skirt ripped from the tension, all the way up to her hip.

'Im not sorry..'.. He smirked at her, and Mel ground her teeth, keeping her smile.

'I know you're not..'.. She pushed off of Barton, playing him at his own game... 'Its a good thing I have clothes here already then, isn't it..'.. She unzipped her skirt, letting it fall to the floor. She didn't care that she was being watched, it was something she had been used to, but seeing him suck in a breath, she felt triumphant. Turning her back to him, she strode straight to the bedroom, to grab a pair of pants.

Clint clenched his fists, knowing he couldn't go after her. He barely remembered that there was surveillance there, watching them and he still had to play the fucking blind asshole. He wanted to wait until he had a chance to get away, but seeing her in a lacy black thong, and her long legs, short circuited his brain. He was staying, and he was going to push her to the point, that she would admit that she was still Tess. 

Smirking to himself, he would bide his time, and wait until they were back at her place. Until then, he could tease her as much as he wanted to, after all, it was an act, right?

😘