Forty-Three

Bucky was laughing with the others, when he heard shouting coming from the house, and Clint ran out, looking panicked. He ran straight over, grabbing him by the shoulders, seeing panic in his face... 'What? What's wrong?..'

'Her waters broke, sh-shes in labour..'.. Clint stuttered out... 'We need to get to the compound now..'

'Everyone! It's time! Strange, get ready to take us back! Helen, Bruce, we need you..'.. Bucky turned shouting out to everyone as they all stopped what they were doing, and began to move into action. He turned back to Clint... 'Where is she?..'

'Bedroom. She says it hurts..'.. Bucky nodded at Clint and then rushed inside, knowing Steve was right behind him. The two raced upstairs and into her room, seeing her kneeling at the end of the bed, wearing a long flowing dress, her head on the bed as she groaned in pain.

'If he passes out, I'm going to kick his ass..'.. She grunted, lifting her head to them... 'I can't focus and make a portal..'

'Tess it's ok, we're here. Strange and the others are coming, and we'll get you there..'.. Bucky came to her side, brushing her hair from her face... 'Can you stand?..'

She took a breath, taking his hand, as his other came around her, helping her up. She remained hunched over, as another contraction hit her... 'Fuck me!..'

'I'm sure that's how you got into this situation in the first place darling..'.. Loki said as he entered, and she fixed him with a glare, pointing at him.

'Just you wait, I'm going to hurt you just as bad after this..'.. She growled at him.

Strange, Bruce and Helen entered, with Clint rushing to her side... 'I'm here, we're going to be alright..'.. He said, taking her other hand... 'Strange, let's go..'

Strange created the portal, and she was helped through to the med bay, and onto the bed. Clint came to her side, keeping hold of her hand, as she panted through the pain... 'No matter what, you save him first..'

'We're going to save both of you Tess..'.. Bruce reassures her as they begin to administer the IV and pain relief. Helen sits at the end of the bed, snapping on gloves.

'Tess I'm just going to check you over alright? See how far along you are..'.. Helen, lifts the end of her dress, and Tess feels Helens hand and grunts.

'It feels like you got your fist up there..'.. She grunts, taking a deep breath. Turning her head, she sees both her dad's over by the door, watching... 'Is everyone else ok? Who's taking over?..'

'Tony and Pepper are taking care of them all, so don't worry about them. Once they've cleaned up, Wong will bring everyone over here..'.. Steve gives her a small smile, holding Buckys hand. He could see she was afraid, and knew Bucky was too. He remembered when she had told them about her birth father, that no one survived but her and her mother.

Tess couldn't help but scream at the pain. It felt as though her body was being torn from the inside... 'I don't care what you have to do, get him out, save him. Please..'.. She fell back against the bed, sobbing... 'Please just save him..'

Clint was trying hard to stay strong for her, but seeing her breakdown, and scream like that, he didn't know what to do... 'Hey, Tess, look at me. Look at me baby..'.. She rolled her head to him, and he could see her fear... 'Remember what you said to me, when we trained in your penthouse years ago?..'.. He stroked her hair back from her face.