【T H E K Y L N】

CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

• • • 

OMNISCIENT

  ''Subject 89P13, drop your weapon.''

  ''Oh, crap.'' 

  Rocket reluctantly dropped the gun from his paw, which had clattered to the ground. 

  ''By the authority of the Nova Corps, you are under arrest for endangerment to life and the destruction of property.''

  A few feet away, Nova Corp officer, Dey, is arresting Peter Quill. A Terran. 

  ''Hey! If it isn't Star-Prince.'' Dey teased the man, referring to the past times he had arrested Peter.

  ''Star-Lord.'' Peter corrected. 

  ''Oh, sorry. Lord.'' Dey teased with a hint of a laugh. Dey turns to his partner, ''I picked this guy up a while back for petty theft. He's got a code name.'' 

  Peter just seemed done with whatever shit Dey wanted to keep talking about. ''Come on, man. It's a... it's an outlaw name.'' He tried defending himself. 

  ''Just relax, pal.'' Dey reassured. ''It's cool to have a code name. It's not that weird.'' In fact, he had been referring to the code names that the Nova Corps use for one another. 

  ''Fascists.''

  Peter, Groot, Rocket and an unconscious Gamora get dragged away by the Nova Crops. Leaving the people of Xandar to watch after them with high interest. 

• • • 

  The four of them had all been taken to Nova Headquarters. Dey has been accompanied by Denarian Saal. They stand on one side of the glass, while, currently, Gamora stands on the other side. 

  ''Gamora.'' Dey starts. ''Surgically modified and trained as a living weapon. The adopted daughter of the Mad Titan, Thanos. Recently, Thanos lent her and her sister, Nebula, out to Ronan, which leads us to believe that Thanos and Ronan are working together.'' 

  Next up, Rocket. 

  ''Subject 89P13. Calls itself Rocket. The result of illegal genetic and cybernetic experiments on a lower life form.'' 

  Next, Groot.

  ''What the hell?'' Saal commens, confused by the giant tree on the other side of the room. 

  ''They call it Groot. A humanoid plant that's been traveling recently as 89P13's personal house plant slash muscle.'' 

  Currently, Groot was trying to grow back a new pair of arms from the earlier mishap.

  Lastly, Peter stands up. 

  ''Peter Jason Quill, from Terra. Raised from youth by a band of mercenaries called the Ravagers, led by Yondu Udonta.''