【E S - C A H - P A Y】

CHAPTER 6

CHAPTER 6

• • •

OMNISCIENT

  It was the day after and the group had reassembled. Gamora, Groot, Peter and Rocket all heading to the Kyln's cafeteria with trays in their hands. It was lunch, which had been the best time to annunciate this plan as any.

  Rocket thought back to the night before. Yeah, Gamora almost died. But he wasn't worried about that. He knew that would happen and had no plan to intervene until Quill had dragged him along to stop the prisoners from doing so. But now, they've made acquaintances with Drax the Destroyer.

  His pitch eyes had traveled across the prisoners, looking for a certain someone. Rocket blinked before speaking.

  ''If we're gonna get outta here, we're gonna need into that watchtower. And to do that, I'm gonna need a few things.'' 

  It was almost like a shopping list. That is, in a jail and using them for an escape plan out.

  ''The guards wear security bands to control their ins and outs.'' From afar, a guard uses him arm band to open a door. ''I need one.''

  ''Leave it to me.'' Gamora responds, confidently.

  ''That dude, there.'' Rocket gestures over to a man they're currently walking past. Quite old and still walking. Of course, with the help of a prosthetic leg. ''I need his prosthetic leg.''

  Peter furrows his brows. ''His leg?''

  ''Yeah. God knows I don't need the rest of him. Look at him, he's useless.''

  ''All right.'' 

  The three sat down at the table, with Groot standing behind Rockets seat. Looming over the table. 

  ''And finally, on the wall back there is a black panel. Blinky yellow light. Do you see it?''

  Peter looked over to the watchtower, spotting the familiar looking object. In plain sight, no less. 

  ''Yeah.''

  ''There's a quarnyx battery behind it. Purplish box, green wires. To get into that watchtower, I definitely need it.''

  Unbeknownst to the rest of the group, Groot had also spotted the panel and overheard Rockets words. What he heard, was that he needed the battery. Groot walked over to the watchtower, his mind set on getting that battery.

  ''How are we supposed to do that?'' Gamora asks. 

  Rocket gave a small shrug. ''Well, supposedly, these bald-bodies find you attractive. So, maybe you can work out some sort of trade.''

  ''You must be joking.''

  ''No, I really heard they find you attractive.''

  Peter sighed, coming back into the conversation. ''Look, it's 20 feet in the air, and it's in the middle of the most heavily-guarded part of the prison. It's impossible to get up there without being seen.''