【 D A N G E R】

CHAPTER 8

CHAPTER 8

• • •

OMNISCIENT

  ''Drax, Drax. Drax!'' 

  Mantis shook Drax by the shoulders against the mattress, urging him to wake the fuck up. When his eyes opened, Mantis loomed over him from the edge of his bed. Her hands still placed again t his bare skin. 

  ''We need to talk.'' Mantis commented, almost breathless. 

  Drax scrunched his face. ''I'm sorry.'' He spoke sincerely, the bridge of his nose scrunching as he continued to speak truthfully. ''But I like a woman with some meat on her bones.''

  Mantis was taken aback. ''What?'' 

  ''I tried to let you down easily by telling you that I found you disgusting. No, that's not what I...'' Drax retched. He leaned over the opposite side of the bed, dry choking noises leaving his mouth as a mock of disgust. 

  Her brows furrowed. ''What are you doing?''

  ''I'm imagining being with you physically.'' Draco managed through his continuous noises. Ones that grew louder and more vivid with each second of his thoughts. 

  ''Drax...'' Mantis spoke. ''I don't like you like that. I don't even like the type of thing you are.'' 

  The latter felt offended. Turning towards Mantis, he gasped. ''Hey! There's no need to get personal.''

  ''Listen! Ego's gotten exactly what he wanted. I should have told you earlier. I'm stupid.'' Mantis leaned off the man, blaming herself for not telling them sooner. For staying quiet when she should've spoken up. ''You are in danger.''

• • •

  Screams echo from behind the planet, a few men sitting upon it. The eldest of the group had turned around, continuing with his rudely interrupted conversation to the men dressed in black robes.

  ''Oh, man.'' Stan Lee spoke, turning back. ''Anyway, before I was so rudely interrupted. At that time, I was a Federal Express man.'' 

• • •

  Once the ship had finished it's jumps, Yondu, Rocket and Kraglin had rested. Stumbling about with their heads still spinning. The planet of Ego positioned not far, just outside the windshield. 

  [Y/n] is on that planet.

  Yondu shouted towards the mammal. ''What the hell you doing, boy?'' It wasn't normal for anyone to take that many jumps in one sitting. Rocket should've known this. But he was worried about other things than his face almost being ripped off due to the force. 

  ''I could tell by how you talked him this Ego is bad news!'' Rocket argued. ''We're here to save Quill!'' Against his better judgement, he was more worried about his similar opposite than the Terran. But that didn't need to be said. Yondu could see clearly enough why they were really here.