【W H O ?】

CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3

• • •

OMNISCIENT

  ''Someone followed you through the jump point.'' Nebula pointed out, still in bonds. ''Set me free, you'll need my help.''

  [Y/n] scoffed, staring up at the oddly shaped ship. ''If we need an intergalactic piece of shit to fight for us, I'll let you know.'' From her right, Rocket sniggered. 

  Nebula glared at [Y/n] harshly before turning to Gamora. ''I'm not a fool, Nebula.''

  ''You are a fool if you deprive yourself a hand in combat.''

  ''You'll attack me the moment I let you go.''

  ''No, I won't.''

  Quill spoke up. ''You'd think an evil supervillain would learn how to lie.'' 

  [Y/n] furrowed her brows. An evil supervillain? He makes it sound as if she was someone in a book. One of the bad people that won't quit chasing after the heros. And the heros start getting sick of it. Then again, Quill had a point with his words. 

  ''I bet it's the one-inch man.'' Drax continued to watch the ship.

  Slower and slower, it finally reached the ground. Embedding itself in a warm hole in the dirt that it created. Dust flew everywhere, covering our vision for a short time. And in that time, Rocket had grabbed [Y/n]'s wrist, standing moreso in front of her. Protecting her from both the flying dust and whomever was walking off the ship.

  When the dust cleared, everyone looked back to the ship. Weapons raised and ready to fight. Rocket cut a discreet glance to [Y/n], seeing her wave a paw in front of her nose and coughing. Other than that, she seemed fine; oblivious to what Rocket had done. 

  The man walking out of the ship looked Terran. Like Quill, surprising the Guardians just the slightest. With a green scarf around his neck, his torso was adorned with simple cloth clothing taking on the colors of white and a warm brown. Seemingly at times, his cloths seemed to shine gold when in the sun. 

  He stood before the Guardians with a high-lifted head. Chin raised as if putting his facial hair on display. [Y/n] could compare some of the features to Quill, looking back and forth between the two men. Was this what all Terrans looked like? She supposed so.

  ''After all these years. I've found you.'' 

  Quill was the one to speak for the Guardians. ''And who the hell are you?'' 

  The man standing before the Guardians had gave a smile. A chuckle lifting his figure to his toes. ''I figured my rugged good looks would make that obvious. My name is Ego ...and I'm your dad, Peter.''

• • •

  Everyone sat around the fire, listening as Ego told his story and how he got here. And of course, what had happened to get them separated in the first place. Quill, obviously, was most intrigued. ''I hired Yondu to pick you up when your mother passed away. But instead of returning you, Yondu kept you. I have no clue as to why.''