❀ 05.Sick Day ❀

Toya's pov

I arrive to class to see that Akito isn't here, which is unusual because he's normally here before me on the days we don't walk together. I didn't even get a text from him saying good morning either.

Did something upset him yesterday while we were out, is it because I didn't get him a gift? No, he wouldn't be upset over something so little! Would he?

Thoughts flood my mind as class begins, he didn't message me when he got home, did he not make it home? Maybe he got beaten up? Or badly injured?

"Mr Aoyagi are you listening?" Miss Meiko asks.

"Uh! Yes, I'm very sorry." I respond.

Maybe someone in the friend group would now, I'll wait till break and ask one of them.

-----------------------------------

"Heya Toya! Whoa are you good you look...pale?" An asks as I walk over to her.

"Have you heard from Akito, I haven't seen him...I'm worried about him." I anxiously ask.

"Heh well stop worrying because he's fine, he's just sick. He ran in the rain to get to my place last night and got sick from it." She laughs pulling out her phone. "Come sit down, I have something to show you too hehehe." She smirks moving over making room for me to sit.

"Here." She hands me her phone trying not to laugh at the screen. It's a picture of Akito hugging the plushie I got him while he's asleep, he must've liked the gift then.

"He looks peaceful...it's cute." I mumble.

"What did you say!?" An says smiling.

"Nothing!" I shout after realising what I had said.

"No, I heard you! Oh my stars hahaha!" An laughs falling to the ground. I start to grow red in the face.

"An stop!" I say burying my head in my hands, ugh this is so embarrassing.

"Okay okay, ah I'm done." She chuckles with tears starting to form from laughing so much.

"Also why was Akito at your house anyways?" I ask sitting up and fixing my posture.

She freezes. "Uh- umm he...ah! We were practicing our singing together, you've probably heard that he doesn't have a singing partner yet so he decided to practice with me."

"But why practice so late at night?" I can tell she's lying, she isn't a good liar.

"Huh I don't know you should ask him that."

"Okay then, so can I come over after school to see how he is?"

"Umm...sure!" She smiles looking stressed.

Why would she lie to me, what is she hiding? What if her and Akito are secretly dating? Wait but I thought An liked that girl Kohane. If they were dating, then why do the tease each other so much?

"Hey! Hey! Toya can you hear me, earth to Toya!"

"Huh? Oh sorry I spaced out." Now I can't shake that thought but it can't be true, right?

"I'm going to head off now, see you after school." I say standing up and walking away.

I need to talk to Tsukasa about this but where could he be? Ah he might be at the school's auditorium, he must be practicing.

I make my way over to the auditorium and open the door to see that Tsukasa isn't there, but Nene and Rui are.

"Ah! Toya it's nice to see you again fufu." Rui chimes.