❀ 09.Summer Festival ❀

Toya's pov

"Toya are you almost ready it's almost time to go!" An yells running into my room.

"I think so." I chuckle, turning back to look at her.

"Don't worry An, I've been helping him with his hair." Mizuki giggles as they makes final touches to my hair and puts my necklace on. "Now Toya, don't mess your hair up, I've worked hard on it."

"Stop acting like his mother Mizuki." Ena laughs while spraying perfume on herself and me, causing me to cough and sneeze. "Oh, sorry Toya, I didn't know you were sensitive to fragrances hehe."

"He isn't sensitive, you just use too much." Mizuki winks, sticking their tongue out.

"Shut up I do not!" Ena scoffs.

"You two stop, Akito is almost here!" An squeals jumping up and down. "Did you make sure that goofball wore his necklace?"

"Of course I did." Ena smirks.

"He's here!" Tsukasa yells bursting through my door.

"Okay let's go let's go!!" An laughs while all four of them practically push me to the front door.

"Thank you, all of you." I smile turning back to them. "See you guys later at the festival."

They all step back, I open the front door and close it behind me. I see Akito right in front of me staring at me with a smile on his face. It looks like he's dyed his hair again, he's yellow streak seems more vibrant now and he has few streaks of green as well.

"Hi..." He chuckles.

"Hello..." I respond. "You're wearing your necklace?"

"Yes I am, Ena told me to wear it...I wasn't going to say no after all." He smiles putting his hand over the necklace. "Anyways, shouldn't we start to head off."

"Yeah, let's go." I smile back as we start to walk in the direction of the festival.

The walk starts off silent, I can tell we're both unsure what to say. As we continue, I feel our hands bump together, and then I feel Akito grab my hand. His grip is gentle giving my hand a light squeeze. I look over at him and he stares back at me, we give each other a soft smile and continue to walk while holding hands.

We arrive at the festival and my senses become overwhelmed by everything I'm seeing, hearing and smelling. I feel Akito squeeze my hand again as I look at him once again.

"Are you feeling okay?" Akito asks looking concerned.

"I'm fine, I've never been to a summer festival before so it's a new experience for me." I respond.

"You've never been to a summer festival?" Akito's concern now turns into a look of pure shock. "You're missing out, but I'll make sure your first experience is one you'll never forget."

"I'm looking forward to it." I smile softly.

"I know what we can do first." Akito smirks, he continues to hold my hand leading me to a small area that has goldfishes in containers.

"What's this?" I ask.

"Goldfish scooping, it's a festival game." He says with a beaming expression.

"How do you play?" I ask again.

"You use this scooper that has a thin piece of paper to try and scoop up as many fishes into the bowl as possible. If the paper breaks, then you keep the amount you won." Akito explains as he picks up the scooper. "Watch I'll show you."

He puts the scooper in the water and chases a fish around, but before he could catch it the paper rips. He looks at it for a few seconds and looks away from me embarrassed.

"Is that how you do it?" I chuckle at his embarrassment.

"N-No...but you get what I mean." He sighs.

I bend down next to him and grab a scooper. "Here let me try, maybe I can get one."

I put the scooper in the water and manage to corner a goldfish. I slowly lift the goldfish up hoping it won't rip the thin paper with its movements, Akito watches me closely with excitement. In one quick movement I transfer the goldfish from the scooper into the bowl, I did it!

"I got it!" I smile.

"Yeah you did! You're good at this you know, the paper hasn't ripped yet so maybe you can get another one." Akito suggests.

"Okay I'll try." I say returning my focus back to the container.

I put the scooper back in the water and manage to corner another goldfish, but before I could lift it into the bowl the paper breaks.

"Hey at least you got one." Akito chuckles.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I smile at him.

The stall owner takes the bowl with my fish in it and comes back with it in a bag of water. He hands it to me and both Akito and I thank him.

I continue to walk with Akito, one hand holding his and the other the goldfish. He takes me to an open area with a bunch of little sparklers everywhere. As we get closer I see An, Kohane, Ena, Mizuki, Tsukasa and Rui playing with the sparklers. Mizuki looks up and turns their attention to us, they start running towards us with sparklers in their hands.

"Lil Bro! Toya! There you guys are!" Mizuki giggles. "I was starting to think that Lil Bro was gonna keep you to himself."

"Mizuki..." Akito sighs.

"Anyways, here join us." They smile as they put the sparklers in front of us.

"I'll hold your fish Toya." Tsukasa grins taking the bag from my hand.

Me and Akito both grab a sparkler each from Mizuki and waits as they get a lighter to start them. The sparklers begin to light up and turn into a mini version of fireworks, everyone else gets another sparkler and lights it as we all start playing with them and writing things in the air.

"Guys, look!" Ena shouts out pointing to the sky. I follow her gaze and see that the firework show has begun.

We all look up and stand in silence observing the different coloured and shaped fireworks. I feel Akito squeeze my hand again and I look towards him, he's smiling softly at me.

He places a hand on my cheek as he slowly leans forward getting closer to my face. I know what he's doing, and I'm certainly not stopping him. I lean towards him, closing my eyes as we get closer to each other and then, his soft lips finally touch mine.

We finish this beautiful summers night, with our first kiss...

-----------------------------------

Creator's Note: ITS DONE YIPPEE

1104 Words