29. Snorting Frosting

Kaida's first name day party was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, birds were chirping, Aemond was shaking his dragon egg begging a dragon to come to life. ALisha did want to see a baby dragon, beside her own little humans that she called her baby dragons.

Aegon was bonding well with Sunfyre and Helaena, although she preferred bugs and plants to dragons, but that being said she liked dreamfyre a lot.

Kaida was content with flying with Aegon and Viserys, Alisha loved when they flew together but right now her cute little butt was bouncing on the ground excited for a lick of the pie before the party. Alisha ran the glaze over the crust delicately and Kaida bounced and bounced with delight. 

"Almost done my littlest love

"Almost done my littlest love." ALisha coed. 

"MOOOO," Kaida begged. Moo had became mom, or mother, Moo was Kaida's term of endearment and also being too little to say longer things. 

"I know Kaida, I know, its your name day today!" Alisha agreed. 

"Moo!''

"You sound like a cow." Viserys chuckled as he approached. 

"DOOO!" Kaida shouted. 

"Cow for me and do, do for you." Alisha mused. Viserys chuckled picking up Kaida.

"Hello beautiful." 

"Doo!" Kaida agreed. 

"Happy name day my love, you helping mama?" Viserys pondered and Kaida shook her head pointing at Alisha. 

"MOO!" 

"Thats right, thats your Moo." Viserys couldnt stop his laughter as he said it. 

They headed to the ballroom and Kaida giggled out reaching for Aegon as he bounced around the room with Helaena. 

Jace was getting used to his little legs and running after them, Jace thought Aegon was the coolest person ever. Chased after him constantly.  Aegon tolerated Jace. 

Alisha knew that little Jace wasnt from Laenor's seed. Everyone knew and yet, Laenor loved that little boy more than anything else. It was clear as day that Laenor was a great father. He was always chasing after Jace and when he left for one battle or another he always brought Jace home a new toy from his travels. It made sense that Rhaenyra strayed but Alisha wondered if they could ever find some semblance of love themselves or if this mystery man Rhaenyra found herself with was really the man of her dreams. 

Alisha knew better than most that things such as love and life were not always how they seemed.

Aemond held onto Viserys leg as they got closer. Aemond was more reserved. He loved his family but around crowds he had his walls up. Alisha had always thought herself an extrovert but coming to the capital she realized how much she liked her peace and quiet, her alone time with her family. Maybe she was always a lone bird, but got used to being alone. Now that she had Viserys and the children she couldnt imagine going back to that life before them. 

"Daddy," Aemond whispered pulling on his pant leg. 

"Yes Aemond?" Viserys answered as Kaida waved to all her adoring fans from Alisha's arms. 

"Moo, for me?" Kaida blabbered out. 

"They are here to celebrate you!" Alisha agreed. 

"Daddy I have to go potty." Aemond whispered. 

"AH, yes, alright then... Ali my love. Potty break before we begin." Viserys remarked kissing her cheek. 

"You want me to take him?" Alisha questioned. 

"No, he asked me." Viserys corrected proudly. "Come on Aemond." Aemond waved back at Alisha as Viserys led him back out of the banquet hall. 

"Mum!" Aegon declared. "I stuck my face in the cake and now I have frosting up my nose!" Alisha opened her mouth to answer but a laugh came out.

"Why were you sticking your face in the cake?" Alisha countered. 

"Hi, hi, hi, oooh, hi!" Kaida declared waving around as ALisha got Aegon something to wipe his face off. 

"Jace was chasing me... he pushed me." Aegon decided. 

"He's two." Alisha corrected. 

"And he's sneaky..." Aegon offered. "Ankle biter he is." 

"You are telling me your nephew bit you and you fell into Kaida's cake?" Alisha questioned. 

"Well I mean... you made a few cakes and pies... its not like-" Aegon blushed snorting frosting from his nose. 

"Don't blame your nephew, good men take accountability for their actions.." Alisha remarked gently. 

"I just wanted a lick but Jace did stumble into me." Aegon assured. "Now there is an Aegon sized smash in that cake-" He pointed to the dessert table. 

"Thank you for being honest with me." ALisha agreed. 

"You are not mad?" Another snort of frosting. 

"I'm not mad, frosting is made to be eaten, cakes are made to be eaten... not shoved up noses." Alisha mused kissing his head. 

"Hi! Ello! Hi!" Kaida kept saying as people passed them bidding the queen a good day. Kaida was greeting them while Alisha couldnt care less about all the lords and ladies trying to win the queen and kings favor. 

"Let me dance with Kaida." Aegon requested. "You dance with dad." Alisha handed off Kaida. 

"Be careful with her, no throwing her in cake." ALisha requested. 

"I will be careful." Aegon agreed and Kaida laughed out as Aegon spun her around. 

"I'm going to dance with Hela!" Aemond declared running to Helaena. 

"Looks like I need a partner." Alisha remarked turning to viserys. 

"I wonder who would want to dance with such a beautiful woman?" Viserys mused. "Oh, I would." Viserys agreed ALisha chuckled draping her arms around his neck, he kept his hand around her hips pulling her closer. And they danced like their lives would never be the same. 

"Good name day..." 

"Kaida is certainly having fun." Alisha agreed smiling back at her children, Helaena even grabbed Jace's little hand having him join her. "I want them to stay this young and innocent forever."