🐍 9: First D-Rank Mission & Ousei's training with Suki 🐍

Ousei's POV

It had been a day since Team 8 was made official after passing the test Kurenai-sensei gave us.  I was currently getting ready to head on out to meet on up with my team to receive our very first mission.

"Hello, Mom and Dad," I said, looking at the picture of my parents on the table as I put on my jacket over my usual mission wear."It's me, Ousei, your son. So last night, as I mentioned yesterday, my teammates and I passed Kurenai-sensei test,  and today, we were going on our first mission."

"Kid, you're talking to a picture of your dead parents again," Yukimaru said, slithering up my leg and up to my shoulder, wrapping around my neck.

"You know that I do this every day. You've been here long enough to know that," I replied.

"I know, kid, just letting you know that some might find it weird to be talking to a picture of dead people," Yukimaru stated.

"It doesn't matter. It helps me emotionally by talking to them," I said."This way, I don't have to feel alone not having parents. This way, I can pretend to have conversations with them like they're here."

"I get it, kid. Now come on, you're supposed to meet your team at the entrance of the  Academy to receive your first mission."

"Right, let's get going," I said, opening my bedroom door and walking out of the room to head on out to meet up with my teammates.

****

3rd POV

Ousei and Yukimaru had arrived at the academy entrance to see that he was the first one there and leaned against the wall while he waited for the rest of his team to show up.

"Seems you're the first one here, but your bug teammate. He is probably on his way. He seems to be the type who is usually on time. Besides, we actually had time before the meeting time. I just know how much you prefer to be on time," Yukimaru said.

"Yeah, you're right," Ousei replied, closing his eyes as he waited for his teammates and sensei to show up.

"You thinking about something, kid?" Yukimaru asked.

"No," He replied, shaking his head as his eyes remained closed.

"I know you're not telling the truth, but we can discuss it later."

Ousei nodded his head as he took a deep breath and continued to stay deep in his private thoughts. His eyes snapped open as he heard the familiar female voice of Hinata.

"H-Hi, Ousei-kun," Hinata said, blushing and playing with his fingers.

"Hello, Hinata," Ousei greeted, glancing st her briefly.

He then noticed that Shino was standing over near a tree silently.

"Ho-How a-are you?" She asked nervously.

"I'm good, Hinata," Ousei replied.

"Good morning, you three," Kurenai greeted as he arrived at the meeting place.", It seems that everyone is here except Kiba and Akamaru," She said.

"That boy expects to be a shinboi but not even on time," Ousei muttered to himself so only Yukimaru could hear him.

"Kid, you have to learn how to be less harsh. Your personality is the reason everyone seems to not like you, except for your three fangirls, the shy one on your team, the loud blonde, and the emo one who is full of anger and sadness."