🐍 11: The Journey to Shimazaki Begins🐍

Team Eight followed Kurenai out of the village gate as they started going toward the town to complete their new mission. Ousei still wondered about the young lady he had seen earlier while waiting for his team to arrive at the gate.

"Kurenai-sensei w-what the name of the town?" Hinata asked.

"Yeah, the Third Hokage didn't give us a name," Kiba agreed.

"Woof!"

"Hey, everything good you seem deep in thought?" Yukimaru asked from around Ousei's shoulders.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just thinking about that lady looking at me back at the gate," Ousei replied quietly, looking back at Yukimaru."There is just something about her."

"You shouldn't worry so much about it too much right now."

Ousei nodded and focused his attention back straight ahead and his sensei Kurenai started talking.

"The name of it is Shimazaki town which is a town that is just near the border of the Land of Fire and close to the Land of Wind," Kurenai sensei explained.

"Uh, what-what is the town like?" Hinata asked shyly.

"Shimazaki town is a beautiful island where many tourists go to relax on vacation to get there we must go by boat there is a port where we can take a boat in a town not too far from here," Kurenai explained.

"So where going to an island," Ousei commented as he glanced at Yukimaru who slithered comfortably into Ousei's pocket to take a relaxing nap.

"You seem interested in going to an island town," Kiba commented as Akaumaru barked in agreement.

"Not necessary it was more of a comment than being intrigued big difference, " Ousei stated.

Kiba looked at Ousei annoyed with his know-it-all-all comment, making Kurenai sigh knowing it would take a bit to get Ousei to bond with his teammates given his personality.

"Alright, you two no arguing let's focus we have a mission!" Kurenai commended.

The four genin nodded as they continued walking following Kurenai-sensei's lead and focusing back on the mission ahead. Hinata glanced at Ousei and decided to ask him something she had been wondering about for a little bit now.

"Uh, O-Ousei I be wondering if you could understand Yukimaru," Hinata asked noticing how he would always talk to his snake.

Ousei glanced at Hinata and gave her a faint smile that was barely noticeable."Yeah the two of us can communicate with each other like Kiba can understand Akamaru."

Kiba looked at Ousei seeing that they had a connection with their partners in common being able to talk to them and understand them. Shino just remained quiet listening to the conversation, while Kurenai smiled seeing Hinata despite her shy nature seemed comfortable talking to Ousei. Yukimaru glanced up from the pocket watching how Ousei was starting to socialize with the Hyuga girl more and was glad to see he was opening up slightly on the more emotional side but still had a long wa to go before he opened up completely.

The sun then began to set as Kurenai signaled for her Gennin to stop walking.

"Alright, we're going to set up camp here for the night, " She announced.

"Yes Kurenai-sensei," The four genin said taking out their blankets and soft sheets to lay on for the night as Kurenai-sensei began making them dinner for the night before heading off to bed to continue their travels first thing in the morning after breakfast.

Chapter End~

So in this chapter, Ousei along with Kiba, Shino, Hinata, and Kurenai-sensei learn about Shimazaki town where their mission will take place and Kurenai-sensei explains that they need to take a boat to get there. I hope you all enjoy the eleventh chapter of The Silent Serpent sorry it's short I just ran out of ideas to write but don't worry after this chapters should hopefully get longer again.

Question of the day: What Naruto character or Demon Slayer character would you want for parents?

[Taisho-Era Secrets!]

•Ousei and Naruko met for the first time when Ousei had his first bowl of ramen.

•Ousei used to not like Sakura thinking she was like her brother Saku.

Word Count:697