🐍 10: Team Eight's First C-Rank Mission (Shmazaki mission arc) 🐍

It has been around half a couple of weeks since Ousei and his teammates Kiba, Hinata, and Shino had been made official Genin after passing a test given to them by Kurenai-sensei. Along with Yukimaru and Akamaru as well part of the team.

Team 8 had been spending most of their time doing D-rank missions consisting of picking veggies and fruit, cleaning up trash out of the park, and babysitting. They have also been doing a lot of training in charka control and occasion spars amongst the team.

Today Team 8 was in the middle of finishing up another D-rank mission which involved cleaning up trash out of the river.

"Alright, let's get rid of the trash and report in the mission status, and retrieve our next mission," Kurenai said, looking at her four Genin as they finished cleaning up the last of th trash in the river."

"I hope the next mission is something better than cleaning up trash," Kiba said in annoyance.

"Woof!" Kiba barked in agreement with Kiba.

"Kiba, grow up," Ousei stated, tossing the trash into the bin.

"He right why? Because every mission is essential, no matter what it is," Shino stated.

"That's correct; you've been doing great so far and completed more than enough D-rank missions that we could take a C-rank mission next," Kurenai said, looking st Team Eight, but her eyes stopped on Hinata for a moment.

Kiba and Akaumaru cheered happily, making Ousei sigh and shake his head at his mutt teammate.

****

Team eight was now standing in front of a large desk with the Hokage, Iruka-sensei, and a few other people as the Third Hokage told them their next mission.

"Alright, since Kurenai believes that Team Eight is ready, their next mission will be a C-rank one," The Third Hokave announced.

Ousei turned around as he heard a faint noise and saw the door open slightly, but he turned around as it closed again.

'Strange, there was definitely someone out there.' He thought, looking over at the door before focusing his attention back on the Third Hokage.

"Your next mission takes place near a town located on the outskirts of the Land of Fire and investigate the missing supplies and find out what is happening to them since they haven't been arriving at the town," The Third Hokage explained.

"I understand, we will figure out what is going on," Kurenai said with a bow."Everyone head on home and prepare for the mission and meet at the gate in an hour," She commended.

Ousei nodded and left the mission assignment room, and headed home to pack his supplies for his mission.

***

Ouesi was packing his ninja tools and grabbed his stealth and sword as well, in case he needed it.

"Hi, Mom and Dad. Today I'm going on my first-rank mission," He said, looking at the picture of his parents.

"You and your habit of talking to that picture. Finish your conversation, and then let's go. Need a few minutes before the mutts show up," Yukimaru said.

"My team and I have been doing fine, but Kiba and Akamaru can be loud and foolish."

After a few more minutes of chatting, Ousei and Yukimaru left the apartment and headed toward the gate.

He arrived at the gate and saw he was the first one, like usual. He leaned against the gate with his arms crossed and raised an eyebrow as he noticed that same female from the academy walk over to him and stare at him.

Ousei just stared at her, wondering why she was looking at him in the eyes. He couldn't help but see that she reminded him of his father but a female version. After a few minutes, she blinked and walked away.

That is when Sakura, the twin sister of Skau, arrived with Sasuke, who was Suki's twin brother came, and walked over to the female as they left.

"Who was that?" Ousei questioned.

"She gave me a feel of my father coming from her. I believe that she might be related to you in some way," Yukimaru stated.

Ousei nodded his understanding at Yukimaru as he waited for his team to arrive.

An hour passed as everyone arrived, and Kurenai-sensei led them out of the village.

"Alright, let's get going, everyone," She said.

Team Eight nodded and followed after Kurenai-sensei as she started leading the way toward their mission site for their first C-rank mission.

Chapter End~

So in this chapter, Ousei receives his first C-rank mission and meets that same female again, and realizes how much she looks like his father. They are Y/N and belong to albiengan. If you want to know more about her, then read their story. I hope you all enjoy the tenth chapter of The Silent Serpent.

Question of the day: How do you think their C-rank mission do you think Team 8 will get?

[Taisho-Era Secrets!]

• Orochimaru always found Ousei to be unique and reminded him of himself when he first met him as a baby before he was with Rouge the day he was brought to the village.

•Ousei and Sasuke never got along as well as he did with Suki when he used to come over to see her.

Yukimaru never met Y/N as a kid but once heard from his father that Obanai wasn't the only child.

Word Count: 911