🐍 13: Arrival to Shmazaki🐍

Team Eight was on the boat sailing to Shmazaki after getting a boat ride from the man living near the harbor.

"So mister have you been to Shmazaki?" Kiba asked.

"Woof," Akamaru said just as curious as his human partner.

"I have taken many people there, but never exactly stayed there myself," The man replied.

"I-is there a reason?" Hinata asked shly playing with her fingers.

The man shook his head."There is no reason I just never had a reason to stay at the resort island myself," He replied.

"Who cares about an island resort where on a mission," Ousei stated stareing boredly at the sea as the boat rowed across it steadily heading toward the large island coming into view.

"Man I thought you were warming up with your team," Yukimaru commented looking up from her comfortable around Ousei's neck.

"Why have you got to be so cranky?" Kiba asked annoyed.

"Woof!" Akamaru barked in agreement.

"Ousei is not cranky I know that because he is a teammate and I understand he takes missions and training seriously it is in his nature," Shino stated in his usual tone.

"I'm glad to see some of you are getting along, but this teamwork still needs improvement," Kurenai-sensei said with a sigh looking at Ousei and Kiba.

"I have to work on Ousei's attitude but at least he hasn't become unstable like Lord Thrid warned me about what happened in the past.' Kurenai thought as her gaze stopped on Ousei for a moment before turning away and back towards the front of the boat.

Kiba was about to comment until he decided against seeing Kurenai-sensei glance back at him for a brief moment.

~~~~

Team Eight then got off the boat as it docked at the Shmazaki harbor.

"Welcome to Shmazaki," The man announced.

They looked astonished by the beauty of the island. There were tons of shops and inns to rest at. Ousei glanced at Yukimaru wondering why someone or something would cause so much trouble for this place keeping their supplies from reaching them.

"This place is amazing," Kiba said.

"Woof!"

"Y-Yeah there are so many places," Hinata said.

"Yes, they have a great connection and relationships with other villages," Kurenai-sensei said."so they have a lot to work with compared to others," she stated.

They soon come across an inn.

"Why don't you six get a room and rest up," Kurenai-sensei said." I will get some food and I suggest you split the rooms up with two boys together one alone and Hinata with me," She said.

"Aw come on Kurenai-sense can't we explore the island just a little?" Kiba asked.

"Woof."

"I-I agree with Kiba it would be nice to explore a little," Hinata said.

"Remember we are still on a mission also we traveled a great amount of hours so rest up before I bring lunch, and tomorrow we meet up with the client and investigate what going on around here," Kurenai-sensei said.

Kiba and Akamaru get bummed out as Hinata shyly smiles at her two loud teammates disappointment. The team of four well six including Akamaru and Yukimaru head inside the inn. Shino and Kiba get a room together while Ousei ends up getting a room to himself since Kiba doesn't feel like getting into another argument with Ousei.

~~~~

Ousei was lying comfortably on his bed in his inn with Yukimaru wrapped around his arm.

"I don't know why I fight with Kiba he is one of the few that never insulted my eyes," Ousei said as he stared at the ceiling.

"Maybe that's why. You see him as a friend and when he acts foolishly you get mad because you believe he can do better than he is now," Yukimaru replied.

"Hm, you know that could be it, but how can I get myself to be kinder about my advice we can't be a team if I always harsh with my words, are can we still be a team?" Ousei questioned curiously.

"I can't help you there from what I know your father was the same, but always had a soft spot for your mother and anyone he cared deeply about. The only thing I can think of is you simply need to find a way to let your walls down if you want to improve teamwork."

Ousei nodded his head as he shut his eyes slightly."Sometimes you know I feel a strange hatred inside of me, but the strongest I ever felt it was back when I first met Hinata," He commented."It was like something was calling to me to hurt that boy, but it was not a often feeling it only appears whenever I get mad. I just don't know what it could be."

"It sounds like someone who is possessed, and I'm joking it probably just an inner voice or maybe there is something in you after all I see how your sensei seems to keep a sharp eye on you. Though that's probably because of with you did to the boy."

Ousei shrugged his shoulders and decided to not worry too much about the past as he decided to take a soothing nap as he waited for lunch not wanting to stress himself out so much about the dark feelings he gets when mad.

~~~~

Chapter End~

So here is chapter 13 of The Silent Serpent.  Team Eight has arrived in Shmazaki. Kurenai has them rest at a inn while she gets them lunch. With Ousei having a room to himself as he talks to Yukimaru about his realtionship with Kiba and the vboice he felt calling to him when he put that boy in the hostpital when he first met Hinata. I hope you enjoy reading this chapter and the rewrites and edits I made to earlier chapters. Also if you haven't done so already i have a thing open for you to have a Oc added to the Chunin exams are have a involve in the upcoming arc and story  even if not a particpate in the Chunin exams

Question of the day: Who do you think is causing trouble in Shmazaki?

[Taisho-Era Secrets!]

•Ousei at times considers Kiba to be one of his best friends.

Ousei never met the demon inside of him but has heard its voice the day he protected Hinata.

Word Count: 1015