CHAPTER NINE

~

A R T H U R

~

She's so bloody gorgeous. For the last nearly-three weeks, I've barely been able to get her out my mind and since Monday when I heard her irresistible moaning, she is all I've thought about. Her beautiful blue eyes, her soft pink lips, her slim waist that's begging to be grabbed. Even on Tuesday when I was fighting, my game was off. Ricky could tell too, but I won still, so that's all that matters.

My aim was honestly to ignore her until she moves out, but seeing her in this mini pink dress that covers her body beautifully, I threw that idea completely out the window. I need her, and it takes a lot for me to admit that.

"I know you know a bit about me after overhearing my conversation, but I know so little about you." She says, her head on a tilt.

I shrug. "What would you like to know?"

"What's your full name?"

I smile and roll my eyes. "I feel like I'm on a first date." I say cheekily, and grin with victory as I smile a flash of pink on her cheeks. "Arthur Johnathan Hall." I reply, sighing.

"AJ." Callie randomly says and nods her head as if approving of it.

I shake my head. "Please don't call me AJ." I laugh. "It's all I had as a kid."

"Ok-ok. I'll shut my mouth." She laughs. "Well, Artie, how old you?"

"I'm 28. How old are you?"

"25." She nods, taking a sip of her drink. "What do you do for work?"

I gulp and look down at my fingers. She's going to find out eventually, surely. Especially if I want to be around her. Maybe I'll just sugar-coat it. "I'm a boxer." I lie. More UFC fighter, but I won't throw that on her yet.

She looks at me with wide eyes, clearly impressed. "Wow. A boxer?"

I smile. "And you? What do you do that requires you to go to work looking like you do everyday?" Looking so sexy, is what I really want to say. I've seen her on a morning. Confidence radiates off her and she glows. It's attractive.

She side-smirks knowingly. Unlike my intimidating one though, it's adorable. "I work in marketing for luxury brands."

"Ah. You have a posh job too, ey?"

"Stop it." She laughs, having another sip. "I guess I understand the cuts and bruises I've seen on you before."

"Yeah. I get my fair share of them but I always win." I show off, desperate to look good in front of her. "I've heard you talk about your Mum a few times. Do you have a bad relationship with her?" I ask, careful I don't overstep.

"I guess we do, though she isn't aware of it." She snorts. "She's just ridiculously posh. Like doesn't care about anyone but herself posh. It's awful. I feel lucky compared to my brother."

"Ah, yes the Bartholomew." I nod.

"Yeah, but don't you dare call him that. Bart to him, Bartholomew to the rest of the world."