CHAPTER TWELVE

~

C L A R I S S A

~

It's Friday. My favourite day of the week! Tonight's the night Joy invited me out with the office folks and I am so excited. I admire myself in the mirror whilst my house music plays.

I dug out the little black dress I had bought last year to wear on a night out with Helena. Unfortunately, it got thrown to the back of the wardrobe once Eddie saw it because he refused to let me leave the house in it and said it made me look like a tart. It's beautiful dress, short, yes, but nevertheless, beautiful. The collar drapes at the front, exposing a light cleavage, but is slightly bulky so it's not tight fitting. I paired with some stilettos, and curled my hair. I don't mean to brag but wow, I look hot.

Since Tuesday, I haven't seen Artie but he's been on my mind constantly. I even spoke to Kiera about it, and after she'd cheered and got excited about our near-kiss, she said I had been unfair to not let Artie fight the thought Eddie had put in my head. I still haven't the guts to see him. He looked so sad when I walked away, I came in a cried because I hated making him feel that way. I still feel guilty now, but it's a lot to figure out.

Once I'm ready, I walk out onto my balcony because it has good lighting and - even though I'm embarrassed to admit - I want to good selfie for Instagram. I want people at home and family to see me thriving and having the best of time, so I can rub it in their faces that I am doing well.

Once I'm happy, I begin to get ready to post them online, but I'm interrupted.

"Shit, Callie." I hear Artie say, making me look over at him.

I gulp as I glance over his shirtless body. I notice the bruise is already yellow and on its way out. It'll probably be gone within a few more days. "Hi."

"Hi." He smiles, looking over my body. "Callie, you look beautiful."

I smile sheepishly and look down at my dress. "Thanks. I've had it for some time so decided to get out for the drinks with some colleagues."

His eyes are wide. "Jesus, lucky them for having you all evening."

I giggle lightly and nervously.

"I better not hear you moaning through the walls again tonight otherwise I'm coming over." He tells me, his eyes darkened with lust.

I'm speechless, and turned on. I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes to mind. I try to hide my smile by biting my bottom lip. I hear beep which makes me lean over the balcony to see a silver Honda parked up in the car park. "That'll be my boss." I chuckle. "See you later."

"Have a good night and I hope you get home safe." He says, looking over my body once more. "Any trouble, let me know."

I gulp again. "I-I will." I nod.

I enter my flat again and slide the door shut, grab my things and exit the flat. Jesus Christ, Artie is one sexy gentleman. He's so fucking gorgeous. So handsome. So beautiful. It's clear at the beginning he threw on this angry persona, but I can tell he likes me now, and I know he fancies me, it's obvious.

I fancy him too, and I'm sure he knows that.

I get into taxi and Joy looks at me with a smile. "Why are you so flustered, sexy thing?" She greets.

"Nothing." I chuckle, opening my clutch bag and forcing my keys in. I have a big bunch of keys with a collection of key rings. "Just bumped into my neighbour is all."