7

Chapter 7 – The Lady

Her words were simple but oppressive.

The entire conference room was instantly silent.

Those people who were opposing Janet suddenly froze.

The heirs of the Longfellow family could fire anyone except the members of the board of directors.

Barrett was just a manager.

Barrett was furious and looked at Conrad. “Director Doherty, what do you say? Do you really want her to fire me?”

After all, he had worked here for a long time and spent so many years with Conrad. He didn’t believe that Conrad wouldn’t help him!

However, Conrad noticed Janet’s resolute and indifferent attitude and glanced at Barrett coldly. “I am no longer the president. If she said you were fired, you should go through the resignation procedures later.”

Janet had just come to the company. Before he found out her reason for coming, he wouldn’t confront her.

Barrett’s eyes turned red with anger. Before he could scold Conrad, the secretary kicked him out of the conference room.

Although the others were dissatisfied with Janet, they were shocked by her resolute attitude.

They could oppose her, but they cared more about their jobs.

They must not end up like Barrett.

Seeing this, Janet smiled.

“I have a bad temper, and I hate people who oppose me casually. I hope everyone can learn from it. After I check the project

and ensure there is no problem, I will naturally let it continue. I hope you can understand. Dismissed.”

After coming out of the company,

Janet took a taxi directly to the villa where she had lived before.

In the past three years, even though her memory had recovered, she did not dare to go back to this house.

She was afraid that the familiar scene would make her miserable.

But her uncle told her he was afraid this house would be taken over by her aunt’s family, so her brothers kept guarding the

villa for her.

If she came back to live there, even if he was a bit busy, he could still see her from time to time.

Besides, living with her brothers could give her comfort so that she wouldn’t feel lonely.

However, her aunt and uncle also lived next door, and she might see them anytime.

Thinking of this, Janet’s eyes suddenly became a little colder.

When she returned to the villa, she was stopped by security guards before she entered the gate.

“Stop!”

The security guard in a turquoise uniform stopped Janet.

He saw that Janet was dressed in a suit and got out of a taxi, so she was obviously not wealthy. He said in disgust,

“This is a high–end area. How could someone like you break into it? Get lost…”

Janet glanced at her house, then at the unfamiliar security guard. “I am the owner of this place, and my last name is Longfellow.”

“Haha!”

The security guard seemed to have heard a ridiculous joke.

“Small girl, big words. How could you afford to buy a house here? Go away, don’t bother my work!”