39

Chapter 39 – She Was Surrounded by Men

“Brother, I’m kind of envious of Janet.”

Quintina secretly stirred up trouble by saying, “Look at her. After divorcing you, she was surrounded by all kinds of men. But what about you? You still have to take care of Anastasia. I really feel sorry for you.”

She got all kinds of men surrounding her.

Hearing this, Nathaniel raised his eyes.

From his seat, he could see Janet, Ernest, and Orville sitting together in the ring-shaped private room on the second floor. They were talking and laughing, and Janet seemed to hear something interesting.

He had never seen her so happy in the three years of their marriage.

Was she feeling happy being surrounded by a man?

Nathaniel’s face darkened, and his mood became even worse.

“Brother, I just heard that Janet will bid on a small porcelain bowl from the T*ng Dynasty. I suffered a lot just now, so you must buy that porcelain bowl for me!”

Seeing that Nathaniel was a little dissatisfied with Janet because of her words, Quintina immediately took the opportunity to

move further.

Bid on what Janet wanted and waiting for Janet to beg her must be interesting!

The T*g tri-colored porcelain bowl?

Looking at the man introducing the auction enthusiastically in the center of the first floor, Nathaniel had a complicated

emotion flash in his eyes.

“Boss, someone called you!”

Just as Lennon Judd walked backstage, wiping his sweat from his forehead, his assistant handed him his phone.

“Who’s that?”

Lennon placed the handkerchief on the tray next to him. Anyone who had some knowledge of antiques would be able to tell that the tray was antique silverware from four hundred years ago!

Even the handkerchief in Lennon’s hand was made of ancient knitting technology.

“It’s Mr. Webster, the president of the Webster Group.”

“Oh?” Hearing his assistant’s words, Lennon hurriedly reached out his hand and said, “Give me the phone.”

“Mr. Webster, I know you’re coming to the auction, so I’ve left you a 15-carat pink diamond necklace inlaid with 30 colorful diamonds as a gift for your new wife. What do you think? Am I a good friend or not?”

As a man obsessed with antiques and needing to inquire about antiques from all over the world, Lennon was one of the most well-informed people in the country..

Although he had never seen Nathaniel’s ex-wife, he knew that he was divorced and knew the news of Nathaniel’s remarry because he was going to cooperate with the Webster Group.

“Thank you, but there’s no need to prepare that.”

Nathaniel frowned as if he had not considered how sad Anastasia would be if she could not get that necklace.

“What?”

Lennon was stunned. After all, such a necklace was a treasure that countless women dreamed of. How could Nathaniel not buy it for his new wife?

Does this mean that the cooperation between the Webster Group and his Antiquity Pavilion would be ruined?

Just as Lennon felt sad, he heard Nathaniel ask, “Does today’s property have a set of porcelain bowls from the Tang Dynasty?”

Quintina had been eavesdropping from the side. When she heard Nathaniel’s words, her eyes suddenly lit up, and she hurriedly looked at Winifred with joy.

Winifred naturally heard it, and her depressed heart suddenly eased up. She patted Quintina’s hand and said happily, “Your brother still loves you. See, as soon as you ask for the porcelain bowl. He immediately calls them to buy it. Even Anastasia’s necklace can’t be above what you want.”

“Of course! An outsider is an outsider!”

Quintina raised her chin proudly.

Although Quintina liked Anastasia more than Janet, she was still very proud that she was more important than Anastasia in her

brother’s heart.

Perhaps this was because Quintina was jealous.

“There is indeed such a set of three-color porcelain bowls. Is Mr. Webster interested in that? It’s precious, but it’s still not as good as the necklace.”

Although it was an old item from the Tang Dynasty that he liked the most, Lennon knew that compared to the rare and women-preferred necklaces, and it was not that valuable.

“It’s okay. I’ll buy that set of porcelain bowls.”

“Ah, this…”

A troubled expression appeared on Lennon’s face as he swept his gaze across the exhibition stage in the middle of the hall.

The graceful auctioneer had already begun to auction the first item.

“Mr. Webster, it’s not that I don’t want to give it to you, but the list of properties that will be auctioned today was announced long ago. It’s against the rules to purchase them privately.”

Nathaniel looked in Janet’s direction coldly and said, “I’ll offer you ten times the price.”

Hearing his words, Quintina, who was standing behind him, was flattered. She covered her chest and was so excited that she

could hardly stand it.

She felt excited when imagining how she could mock Janet in the future.

Lennon opened his mouth and asked, “Why do you suddenly want to buy this set of porcelain bowls? I remember that the

Webster family’s antique collection doesn’t lack such a small porcelain bowl.”

When Lennon heard Nathaniel’s bid, he knew that Nathaniel was determined to get the porcelain bowl.

However, he still wanted to know the reason.

After all, it might benefit his business with the Webster Group.

“It’s just a business matter. Anyway, I’ll buy it. I know you have a way to solve it.”

After that, he seemed to have thought of something and turned to look at Winifred and Quintina, then said coldly, “Don’t you want to bid anything? Why are you hiding behind me?”

Suddenly being stared at by Nathaniel, Winifred, and Quintina’s hearts trembled inexplicably. They walked to the front with a guilty conscience and said, “Yes, you’re right.”

Lennon knew a little about Nathaniel’s temperature.

He took the teacup from his assistant, took a sip, and said, “All right, I’ll arrange for my assistant to pack it up right away. I’ll personally send it to your private room later.”

“Okay.”

Nathaniel nodded slightly, hung up the phone, and glanced at the opposite private room.

It was not until Winifred began to raise her bidding paddle that Nathaniel suddenly realized that he seemed to have paid too much attention to Janet.

Thus, he withdrew his gaze from Janet, dialed Lennon’s number again, and said, “By the way, take that necklace to me too.”