Day of the Great Devourer

Onyx's mind was blank. She stared at the gargantuan snake that had eaten her Sensei, icy terror spreading through her. This thing was like nothing else they'd ever faced before. It was like nothing they'd ever even seen. Its head snapped to look at them. "Maybe... if we stand perfectly still..." Jay squeaked. The snake let out a huge roar. "Wrong," Onyx breathed. She didn't want to, but she whipped around and ran. "Run!" Cole screamed, taking off after her.

The ninja tore through the streets of Ouroboros, running faster than they ever had before. As they sprinted through the city, they saw the Destiny's Bounty touch down fifty yards away from the entrance. Onyx pushed herself as hard as she could. She was fast, and that was saving her life. She heard a thump behind her, and Jay gave a strangled gasp. She turned on a dime, ran back to him, yanked the blue ninja up, and took off again. "Wait for us!" Jay shrieked as the two of them ran.

The ninja made it to the ship. Kai jumped up onto Cole's shoulders and leapt through the window on the back of the ship. Zane followed suit, and as the two caught up, Jay did. Onyx leapt onto the window frame and reached back down for Cole. She pulled him up into the ship. Amazing, really, what adrenaline could do. The five tumbled into a heap on the floor.

Onyx staggered back to her feet and looked behind them. The Devourer was slithering after them as fast as it could as the ship took off. Jay looked at the screen displaying what was behind them. "Uh, I hate to tell you this, but objects in the mirror are CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR!!!!!" He shrieked. "Working on it. Blasters on full!" Nya cried at the same time Onyx shouted, "Jay, shut up!"

Kai leapt up next to Onyx and stared out the broken window. The snake lunged at them-the Bounty suddenly gave a burst of speed and shot out of reach. "Woohoo! Take that, you stupid snake!" Kai jeered. The Devourer roared and began gaining on them with its own increase of speed. "Uh, I think it heard you," Jay said. "Is it possible to go any faster?" Onyx asked, abandoning her window post and rushing over to Nya. Nya shook her head. "We're going as fast as we can. I'll try to make it to Scattered Canon," she said quickly. Onyx nodded. They would be able to hide amongst the twisting, scattered rock formations, though she didn't know for how long.

"Probability of us making it that far is less than 8%," Zane said. "NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!!!!" Nya screamed at him. "It's coming in for another attack, portside!" Cole warned. Nya yanked the wheel to the side, narrowly avoiding the Devourer's vast jaws. "We're losing speed. We'll drop to the ground soon!" Lloyd cried. "Throw everything overboard!" Nya ordered. "What?" All the ninja cried unanimously. A second later Onyx understood. "It'll make us lighter. Come on!" She shouted.

Onyx slid across the floor as Nya spun the wheel again. She ran out of the bridge and into a random room. She grabbed whatever she could pick up and thew it out of the porthole. Onyx threw anything and everything she could find. Chairs, weapons, papers, cutlery. Cole rushed past the room carrying a minifridge on his back. Onyx hurled a small side table out of the window and watched the Devourer open its mouth to catch it. The second the furniture disappeared down its throat, the snake grew larger. Onyx stopped throwing things and rushed into the deck just in time to hear Cole shout, "don't throw anything else overboard!"

Nya's voice came over the intercom. "We've made it to Scattered Canyon. Everyone hold on!" She said. Onyx latched on to the railing and prepared for a ride. The Bounty swerved left, right, up, down, it even looped upside down, and for a single, terrifying moment, Onyx was hanging from the railing. Then, just as soon as the swerving had started, it stopped. The Bounty slowed down for a moment, the snake seemingly gone. Onyx's eyes swept the rock walls around her, looking for any sign of the reptile. Suddenly it lunged from between two rock walls in front of them. Nya swerved away from it, but not fast enough. Its tail caught one of the engines, knocking it clean off.