You're Invited

I stood in front of the large window that overlooked the entire nightclub.

I was given the club as a gift from the Devil himself for being loyal for almost a century.

I smiled as I drank from the glass of liquor in my sharply cut glass.

I breathed out a sigh of relief. I looked back at the glass.

I can't get drunk off alcohol anyways.

Drugs were a different evil that even I couldn't mess with.

I pinched my eyes and an image of Jennie staring back at me with her eyes wide came to me.

I blinked and went back to my desk.

I sat down in my large leather chair and crossed my ankle over my knee before I heard a knock.
"You decent?"

I smirked. "Yes, Lisa. Just come in."

Lisa, my most trusted friend, walked in with a large grin, her brown hair floating around her shoulders and her black eyes flashing.

She sat down in the chair in front of me. She leaned forward onto her elbows and raised an eyebrow.

"So how did your little deal go?"

Jennie's face glazed in desire flashed to my head.

I shrugged. "Went well."

Lisa smirked. "Okay so I want all the details."

I rolled my eyes and placed my foot on the ground but leaned back in my chair, my fingers laced over my abdomen.

"There's nothing to tell."

Lisa rolled her eyes this time and walked around. "You give the vaguest answers when something did happen. So tell me or I'll kill you."

I smirked. "Even Devil can't. How could you kill me?"

She flashed me a fake grin. "With my pitchfork that all the humans seem to think we have."

I sighed. "She was different."

Lisa came forward and sat in her chair again. "Ooh! Interesting!"

I looked at the glass on the table.

I heard her sigh. "Can you at least give me the pleasure of knowing how she imagined you as? They always crack me up."

I blinked. "They do?"

She widened her eyes incredulously. "Dude! They're hilarious! Those human women always imagine you as their most desired fantasy! I will admit the cowboy one threw me for a loop and I never did understand the janitor one but I guess desire is desire right?"

I shrugged. "She didn't....she didn't imagine anything."

Lisa became serious. "What?"

I looked back up at her. "She imagined...me."

She pointed to my face. "Like this?"

I nodded. "Yes. Like this. Except maybe...better dressed?"

I stared down at my leather pants and black dress shirt with a standard black vest over it.

She blinked. "But no one....knows how you really look like besides me, Devil and..."

I swallowed. "We can't say His name and you know it."

She sighed. "We're fallen angels. We turned our backs on Him."

I swirled the drink in my glass and drank it in one shot. The burn went down my throat and I liked it before it went away immediately.