Heart Beating & Heart Racing

Friday came around and no black box appeared.

As any person would do, I checked to make sure if I had to come or not.

Definitely NOT because I was worried about Jisoo.

I decided I would wait an hour and check again because I checked earlier than I usually do.

I came back after an hour and there was a very small black box.

I frowned and took it inside.

I sat in my gray couch and lifted the square lid off to reveal just a note.

I folded the note open.

Jennie,

I am busy at the club. Don't come down.

Jisoo

I rolled my eyes and folded the note back up. I ripped it into pieces and placed them inside the box before recycling it.

She's so frustrating! Why can't she just tell me what she wants?!

I sighed and turned on the TV so that I could distract myself from what was going to be a very boring Friday night.

But before I could do that, I lifted my phone up and called Lisa.

//"Jennie! Hi! To who do I owe this pleasure of your lovely call?"

"I want Jisoo's number."

//"She didn't give it to you?"

"Nope. So send me it. Bye." I hung up.

Lisa must've detected that I was pissed off because I got the number a minute later.

I sighed and spent a few minutes calming myself down before calling Jisoo.

It rang.

Then went to voicemail.

I scoffed. Really?

Then I spent the next few minutes angry spam calling her.

The first voicemail: "Okay. I get that I'm not having sex with you. But does that mean you start cutting me off?!"

The second voicemail: "This is unbelievable! I made a complete idiot to MYSELF because I waited for you!"

The third voicemail: "WHAT THE FUCK?! CAN YOU JUST ANSWER?! I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU!"

The fourth voicemail: "I realized I was a bit harsh on the other ones. Can please just tell me why you're doing this? I thought we were friends and you liked spending time with me."

I slumped into the couch and laid my phone on the side, flipping the TV on for a rom-com.

••••••••••

I felt a cool breeze on my cheek before it went away.

I swatted my hand out and placed it back on my cheek, too tired and sleepy to understand anything.

This time my blanket moved slowly away from my shoulders to my waist.

I groaned. I don't mind. It was too hot anyways.

My worry started when my shirt hiked up on its own. The cool draft fell against my bare skin.

I sat up and looked around the room, completely awake.

There were only shadows and darkness.

I swallowed and turned on the lamp beside my bed.

Yellow light engulfed the room and I swallowed when I saw no one there.