Epilogue

A few months later...

I walked into the house after a long day at work and heard clanging.

I frowned and dropped my bag on the stairs of our small house.

I turned the corner and saw Jisoo cooking.

I smirked. "Did you... cook dinner for us?"

She over her shoulder and smiled at me.

Jisoo turned around and held her arms open for me and I ran/walked into them. I wrapped my arms around her waist and laid my head on her shoulder.

I took a contented sigh. "I missed you."

She rubbed her hands up and down my back. "Me too, Jennie."

"I know." I grinned smugly and she playfully hit my back.

Then we swayed slightly back and forth when I tapped Jisoo's hip.

"Jisoo?"

"Hmm?" She kissed my forehead but I could tell she was unaware.

"Don't you have to cook?"

She quickly pulled away as if I was burning and turned back to the stove, mixing the vegetables she was sautéing.

"Ooh! Are you making something special?"

She waved a hand at me. "Go and sit. I need concentration."

I smiled and kissed her on the cheek. I bent into her ear and let my warm breath dance across her ear before whispering, "I'm going upstairs to take a shower." I squeezed her waist and her head shot to me as I walked away.

But I did hear her shout, "YOU CAN'T JUST DO THAT AND WALK AWAY JENNIE! ARGH! YOU RUIN EVERYTHING!"

I laughed as I went up the small stairs to our bedroom.

••••••••••

When I came down a half hour later, Jisoo was sitting in the sofa, and watching a TV show.

I smiled and came in front of her.

She craned her neck to the right. I side-stepped there.

She leaned to the left and tilted her head. I moved there.

Jisoo looked at me with her brown eyes annoyed.

"Seriously? When I'm watching TV?"

I nodded and sat in her lap, turning sideways so that my feet straightened onto the rest of the couch.

She sighed and turned off the TV as I wrapped my arms around her neck.

She kissed my jaw. "You make a good point that I don't need TV when I hav e you here."

I blushed. "I didn't mean that. I was teasing."

She nodded. "Me too. TV is better." She turned the TV back on and I gasped.

"You are sleeping on the couch!" I started to get up but she wrapped an arm around my waist.

"No. Stay. Let's sit here for a while and then we can go eat the dinner that I painstakingly made."

I smiled and snuggled into her, my head falling into the crook of her neck. She squeezed her arms and kissed my forehead.

"Did you get any acting jobs?"

She chuckled. "Plenty. I must've done really well in that K-drama. Since they found out that I can speak English as well, they want me for a role that might secure me a position in Hollywood."

I pressed a kiss to her cheek. "You deserve it."

She nodded. "You know, there's a red carpet coming up..."

I widened my eyes. "You want me to go with you?"

She nodded with a smile. "Of course! Who else would I take? You're my girlfriend and my lover."

I blushed. "Those are the same thing."

"Nope. I've never had a girlfriend before you and I've never had a lover. You love me so you are my lover." She nodded as if it made sense.

And it did. "Then you're the best lover I've ever had. And of course I love you."

She turned her head to me with her beautiful, chocolate brown eyes filled with so much love that they made my heart flutter.

"Kiss me?"

I smiled. "Gladly."

I leaned forward and kissed her like how I always did.

Like she was my home.

My light.

My heart .

My love.

My everything.

It wasn't a moment too soon when she pulled away and looked at me hungrily. "Let me have a snack before dinner..."

Everything went lower and I felt wet immediately.

She slowly raised her hand up and....

Snapped?

I burst out laughing as she had a millisecond of confusion before she smacked her head.

"OH MY GOD! THAT CRACKS ME UP EVERY TIME YOU DO IT! HAHAHAHAHAHA! I CAN'T! YOUR FACE FILLED WITH CONFIDENCE EVERY TIME! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!"

She grumbled and cursed before shouting to me, "Hey! It was a habit! It's hard getting rid of it! You try doing something for a century and a half! We'll see how long it takes for you get over it!"

I smiled and kissed the tip of her nose. "Welcome to being human!" I giggled.

She rolled her eyes. "It's a rude awakening."

I frowned and held her face. "Jisoo....are you sure you don't regret changing?"

She held my hand to her cheek. "Never in my life would I regret any of the decisions I made. If I had to redo it, I would still make the same mistakes because all of them led me to you. My Jennie."

I smiled and kissed her lips. "Thank you...for everything. I needed someone to keep me grounded and safe. Someone to be there for me. And you're here. And I love you so much for it."

She nodded and said with promise, "Always. Jennie. Always."

She leaned forward and captured my lips in a sweet kiss.

I have everything that I need.

••••••••••

The End.

A/N: I forgot to mention who cut the cables in the elevator. It was Tae. Tae did it. And that's why he's never mentioned again! ❤️😉