Contract

On Sunday, I went to my parents house.

I smiled as I walked in except it died down when I came face to face with Tae in the living room.

His messy hair was falling into his eyes and he pushed it back as he smiled charmingly.

I waved back and my mom told me to sit next to her.

"Tae here was the doctor in the oncology department where they treated me. You met him right? Do you know him well?"

I nodded. "We've met a few times but the cardiology wing is far from the oncology one. We don't cross paths often."

Tae nodded in agreement.

My mom just smiled. "I just invited him over for some coffee as a thank you for his help."

I smiled tightly and stood up. "I'll leave you three to it then. I just dropped by to say hi."

Then I ran away.

••••••••••

I smiled as I went up to Rosie in the hospital on Monday.

"Hey! Do you want to come with me to the club on Friday again?"

She looked confused. "Club?"

I blinked. "Yeah...Devil's Angels...the one we went to on Friday?"

She stared for a moment and then burst out laughing.

"HAHAHAHAHA! You're playing a joke on me right?! YOU?! NIGHTCLUB?!!"

I narrowed my eyes. She's doesn't remember. Great. I guess I have to go to the following ones alone. And she's teasing me again.

"I'll see you later, Rosie."

"Hey...Jennie. I was just joking. You know that. But I really don't remember any nightclub on Friday. Do you mean this Friday? Should I come this Friday?"

I shook my head. "I was just...I was thinking about going this Friday but then I remembered I have something else to do."

She nodded with a smile. "Well if you do go to a nightclub, invite me because I really want to see you in something actually sexy for once. Not your usual garb."

I raised an eyebrow and stared down at my worn out jeans and polo blue T-shirt.

I sighed. "True."

She leaned forward and kissed my forehead. "See you later. I have to go to a meeting."

I said bye and she left.

It's only Monday at 9am....

I'm never going to make it through the week.

Then again, I think that every week so maybe I can try to be optimistic.

That all turned sour when my least favorite manager came.

"Joy! So nice to see you!"

You ever have that manager that you really don't like but have to act nice around?

That's Joy!

Ever since I joined, she's always taken credit for any research or any ideas I've had but I don't mind because what would I get really.

Praise?

Flexible hours?

Yeah right.

She smiled and said, "I need some help. Could come down to the department for a hot minute?"

I tightened my jaw. Here we go.

I gave my fake smile. "I'd be more than happy to help, Joy!"

••••••••••