Chapter 2

NANDINI'S P.OV

I always wake up late even though I sleep early; this is the biggest problem when it comes to early birds.

"Nandini lunch is ready" called mom.

I hopped out of my bed and head towards my closet; I took a quick shower and dry up myself; I wear the most incredible experiment style of mine ( I also used to design dresses).

"Nandini? Lunch is ready for the 10th time" shouted mom.

Wait? What? Lunch? Oh my! I really woke up late. I need to go to the mall to buy stuff for next week trip.

Did Manik Received my letter? Ugh! So what if he did received it! He'll never respond to it anyway. When I'm still in my day dream my younger sister surprised me

"Big Sister, big sister, big sister" called my little sister.

"What? Why in a hurry my little princess? I know that I'm late so don't be surprised!" I teased and laughed at her.

"No! I have some kind of good & bad news" she said.

"Oh? So you're now a reporter?" I chuckled.

"Hey! Seriously and I don't know if you'll be happy or mad or whatever!" she said while catching her breathe.

"Well, that's quiet intriguing: well then, tell me" I smiled.

"But first don't be surprised! Ok?" she warned.

"Ok!" I quickly answered.

"Manik is on downstairs waiting for you" she said nervously.

HUH?! MANIK? What the hell is he doing here?

"Ah! Okay" I said.

"So you're not mad or whatever?" she asked.

"Nope? I'll go downstairs in a minute" I bid.

She just walked out and left. I thought I will be happy if he'll come back but I felt hatred and a little bit mad. I quickly ran downstairs and say "hi" to Manik's mom. I saw Manik smiling at me but I just ignore him. I really don't know what's happening to me. I noticed a girl sitting on the couch and smiling at me. Who the hell is she? I don't recognize her, Well I don't care.

"Hey Nandu, you're so tall now and
you're beautiful than before. The last time I saw you, you're shorter than me" complimented by Nyo.

I smile just a sign of response.

"Well she's a grown up now" said mom.

"Where's Dad?" I asked.

"He's in his office honey with Manik's father, they were talking about something very important" mom answered.

"Hey shorty, well I guess I can't call you that pet name anymore; Now
you've grown tall but unfortunately not taller than me" teased Manik.

I just put a fake smile and ignored him, I head to the kitchen to grab some drinks and left them in the living room.

MANIK'S P.OV

I felt guilty and hurt when she ignored me. Yeah! It's my fault but I don't want to end our friendship.

NOT THIS DAY, NOT THIS TIME, NOT IN MY LIFETIME.

"What happen between you two?" asked Alya.

I was shocked when she asked it to me; I mean I didn't expect it.

"Hmmm... nothing, she just
misses me. That's all, right Sia?" I asked Nandini's mom.

"Yeah! Nandini was like Manik's sister, they always spend their time together" answered Sia