Chapter 15 {Last}

NANDINI'S P.OV

I live my life according to my wants. An elegant fashion model and a successful entrepreneur at age of 22, if I will look back to my old self 3 years
ago, then it's really safe to say that I do really change a lot.

I was walking on the seashore, taking a deep breath and feeling the salt water beneath my feet it's summer.

This is home; the place where the story begins; the seashore where I and Manik first meet.

Speaking of Manik? It's been 3 years where I last saw him. That very moment that we are in his condo unit and he hugged me knowing that I am still committed to Maddy who already has a finance. Since he left for overseas, I wasn't able to get news from him.

Alya on the other hand already moved on and is 3 months married.

"Nandini" my mom called. I wave at her signaling her that I heard her call.

We're on the seashore, the place where Manik and I used to talk some serious thought. We're having a family picnic with mom and dad and Navya. I walk towards their place.

"It's a very nice day dad" I said while hugging him tight.

"Yes it is honey" he smiles.

I look at Navya who is fond of texting.

She's now grown, beautiful and smart. I then glance at my mom who is so busy unpacking our stuff and there
I notice that there are lots of plates?

"Mom, why are you putting tons and tons of plates?" I mutter. She frowns then smiles turning to dad

"Oh! Haven't we mentioned you that this is not just a family picnic? We have visitor coming Nandini" dad said. I just nod looking the sea.

"They're here" mom shouts. Is it really necessary?

Dad and mom stands up and well, including Navya but me? I'm not good in approaching visitors that's why I didn't bother to turn my eyes on the new arrivals.

Instead I put my earphones on my ear and drift myself into listening. Then the song is Summer time by Bridgit Mendler. I sigh knowing that this song is for best friends and now I'm sitting
alone wondering where my best friend is.

Later I know someone grab the right earphone from my ear. Ugh! Who the heck is--- MANIK! He's here beside me now!

"Nandu" he greets.

"Manik" I greet back.

"You didn't greet us, why?" he pouts.

My mouth drops open it's been 3 years and now he's here. God! I miss him so much.

"Nandu, are you alright?" he asks.

Instead of answering his questions, I give him a bear hug.

"Manik! I Missed you, you are really here"

"Yes, See I'm here" then after an
awkward moment of silence I release him then I quickly stand up.

That move not good Nandu! My subconscious spats.

"Nandini, you look lovely as always" Nyo greets and hugs me.

"Thanks Nyo, you as well" I mutter then, Manik's dad scoops me into a great embrace. Same as Manik, I
never saw his parents for 3 years too.

"Why don't you both talks for a while? We're sure that you need to do some chats" mom said.

I frown then I glance at HIM who is still smiling at me.

"Y---yes sure" I mutter.

After that, Manik walk towards the sea and I follow his lead. We walk and walk and walk and walk. It's like fifteen minutes silence between the two of us.
I want to talk to him but I don't know where to start.