18

-Percy-

"There it is," He said softly "the island of Polyphemus. One of the five most powerful Cyclopes in existence, beaten only by the three great elders.".

"Are you sure Percy?" Will asked skeptically, as all heads turned towards the son of Apollo "I mean, aren't monster islands supposed to be horrifying pits of death and despair, with skull laden beaches and carnivorous beats. You know…like with the sirens. Not…this." The blonde archer trailed off, not sure how to accurately describe the tropical paradise that lay before them.

"The power of the fleece flows through the island," Bianca said, rolling her eyes "as long as the fleece is here its magic will keep the island lush, green, and as beautiful as it is now.".

"Show off." Nico muttered causing Bianca to giggle and stick her tongue out at her brother.

Rolling his own eyes he shot a hand out and pinched his girlfriend's tongue between his thumb and pointer finger causing her to let out a noise that was a mixture of shocked squeal and affronted whine (AN: I have managed to pull that trick off on my girlfriend and that was the sound she made…and it was hilarious) causing those who were watching to laugh uproariously at the daughter of Hades having her tongue caught by her boyfriend.

When she turned her half affronted, half amused, gaze upon him he let out a soft chuckle and felt a little of the tension in his shoulders that had been there since the sirens vanish. Dropping her tongue he quickly pulled the beautiful daughter of Hades into a warm hug, partly as an apology, and partly to once again reaffirm that she was still there. Ever since the island of the Sirens he hadn't talked as much and when he did it was soft-spoken.

He knew he had worried his friend with his new behavior, and he truly regretted that, but nothing had ever shaken him to the degree the siren's call did. As he nuzzled his way into Bianca's hair he softly whispered "I'm sorry." To his love before giving a soft squeeze and pulling back, seeing in her eyes that she understood as she gave him a soft kiss with watery eyes before snuggling up against his chest.

"So what's the plan boss?" Beckendorf asked seriously once the four other girls were done cooing over the 'cute moment'.

"Polyphemus is one of the physically strongest of the Cyclopes and has Poseidon's support. He's a spoiled little Daddy's boy who runs to his father if anything happens that he doesn't want or if he meets someone who he thinks is even the slightest bit stronger than he is." His friends sneered in disgust at the pathetic description of the Cyclops. "He does have two key weaknesses though," he continue after the sneers and snickers had died down "the first is his that he is mostly blind thanks to Odysseus. Makes sense, a flaming stake to the eye is bound to mess up someone's vision.".

"And the second weakness?" Clarisse asked seriously as she fiddled with her spear, unconsciously making it crackled periodically with lightning.

"His mind," his said with a smirk, a bit of his old humor seeping back in "Polyphemus is the epitome of idiotic. Add that stupidity and gullibility to his hatred of Odysseus or 'nobody' as the beast knows him you can send the brute into a blind rage.".

"Very Punny." Nico said with a smirk and chuckle.

"Thank you." He responded, tipping an imaginary hat while Beckendorf and will laughed.

In his amusement he didn't notice the looks shared between Bianca, Clarisse, Amanda, and Hylla as each smacked their respective boys upside the head with Bianca punishing him, Clarisse dealing with Beckendorf, Amanda with Nico, and Hylla with will. "Hey!" the four of them protested in unison as they rubbed their assaulted skulls as the girls giggled at them.

Turning to face the island he sent a psychic command to the vessel to land them on the beach at the far side of the island from where the fleece was seen gleaming in the trees. "Uum, dude," Will began confused "why are we going to the part of the island away from the fleece?".