1

3 years & some months later
July 31st
Omniscient

"Ma.." Carter stood at Honey's bedside with his hands in his pull-up, waiting for her to acknowledge him. It was a long morning for Honey, Carter hadn't cracked an eye until 3:30AM. She had a long day of juggling around with him and her schedule, dropping the boy off with his aunt for the day.

She rushed between work and clients, stopping to spend her lunch break with Carter before she got right back to work. She got off a little later around 6, dealt with Carter alone while trying to fix up the house accordingly.

She could hardly get a bath to herself, she had no alone time and an active toddler running around getting into things. She was constantly having to monitor him and raise her voice to lower his suspicions on wanting to do stupid shit like turn all the knobs on the stove or play with the beaker box in the laundry room.

She could honestly say she had a long and stressful day.

"Hmm?" She replied, clearing her raspy throat. She rolled over and inhaled sharply before slowly grunting to release the breath of air.

"I peed, Momma." He explained to her while stepping closer to her bedside, he grabbed the sheets and pulled at them. "Ok." Honey replied, rubbing her eyes as she began to stir.

She turned over and looked at the clock, seeing it was 4AM. "Is Papa here?" She asked Carter, he nodded. Honey sighed and threw the covers back before she angrily stomped her way out of the room to the kitchen where Syd was standing, eating her food while still standing in her work clothes.

"Why would you send him in there with me when you could've just changed his pull-up?!"

"Calm down, shit. I open the door and he sitting on the steps with his hand in his pull up, I just got home. I don't feel like doing allat." Syd admitted, Honey narrowed her eyes at her.

"And you think I do?"

"Shit I figured you were up if he was." Syd replied, Carter came into the kitchen with his hands in his pants. "Get ya' hands out ya' pants!"

"Papa, i peed. It's a lot." He explained while his little hand gripped the material. "Go get a pull-up." Syd sighed in defeat, Honey sighed as well and made her way back to their room.

After a few minutes, Syd came in with Carter and laid him in the bed with Honey before she stripped out of her work clothes and made her way into the bathroom.

She took a moderate shower before getting dressed in only a sports bra and a pair of boxers. She climbed into bed next to them and grabbed the remote, turning on the TV. Carter instantly climbed onto her stomach and grabbed at her sports bra.

"Lay yo' ass down." She told him, he frowned and climbed onto Honey. "Ma, Im hungry." He told her, Syd grabbed him and he began to whine.

"Shut up, you too old for that shit, man."

"Sydney don't come home treating him like that, leave him alone." Honey insisted while Syd rolled her eyes. "He ain't sucking no nipples, he too big."

"If he says he's hungry then he's hungry."

"If he hungry then I'll go make him some food, he's not sucking your nipples." Syd cleared it up with a slight tone of aggression, Honey raised up with a frown. "Come on, baby." Honey stated, slipping out of bed she grabbed Carter and carried him to the kitchen.