19

Honey
Halloween Day

I came home from work a little later than usual, but luckily I didn't get to miss seeing Carter all dressed up, Halloween being his favorite holiday.

I unlocked the door to the house, and like he's done since he's known how to walk, he stood at the door with a mask on, roaring at me. This year it was a wolf mask, I giggled at his appearance which was just the mask, a pull up, and some socks.

I picked him up and pulled the mask off, kissing his head while stepping into the bedroom. "Where's your costume?" I asked him, he pointed to the bathroom and I glanced in to see Sydney leaned forward in the shower doing something.

I put him down only for him to beat me to the bathroom, he ran around Sydney before hooking his arms around her neck. I furrowed my eyebrows at what he was tryna do, and then she stopped what she was doing and pretended to choke and die, making him giggle.

After she went stiff, he let go and ran back over to me while pointing at her, an evil smirk on his face. "Who taught you that?" I asked him with a small chuckle he pointed to Sydney, and before I could even reply there was a knock at our door.

I glanced back to see Nico with Lonnie and Lil Nick. He saw me and instantly reached for me, being a spoiled one year old.

"In lawwwww, I ain't seen you in so long, girl. Where you been?" He asked me, I rolled my eyes at him. "Don't in law me, you get a lil money and don't know how to act, Nicholas." I teased to him, he smacked his lips.

"Girl please, get her, lil Nick." He instructed, as soon as he raised his hand I put him down. "Yea you already—." Before he could finish, Carter stabbed him with his plastic knife.

"Yo you bad as fuck, get back Jr. That lil nigga crazy." He grabbed Lil Nick and held him tightly, Mel came in and scooped Carter up. "Hey nephewwwww!" She cooed at him, he giggled while wrapping his arms around her head.

"What's he supposed to be?" She asked me, I shrugged only to feel Sydney's presence behind me. "Chucky." She stated while holding up his costume, she had been using red dye to make it seem like blood was on it.

Carter reached for it but she shook her head. "It gotta dry first, you gone put the lil stitches and shit on his face?" She asked me, before I could even answer Mel was shoving Carter into my arms.

"I guess so." I said while pulling off his mask, seeing that he had on a bonnet. "Show mama yo' hair."

He cheesed and pulled off the little bonnet, his hair being laid like Chucky's and he had a side part. Mel and I both started to laugh while Carter just smiled like him.

"I told you ya' boy got issues, bro." Nico told Syd who just chuckled at him, I slid past her and sat him on the bathroom sink. I then sat down on the toilet seat and removed my heels, sighing in relief.

"I'm getting PTSD just lookin' at yo' shit." Mel told me, I sighed. "I've been on my feet all day, this is honestly the first I've sat down." I stated while catching Carter off the sink counter before he could fall, he attempted to get down and go play with Lonnie and Matt.

"Be still so I can do your scars, and then you can go play." I insisted, he began to whine and I blank faced him. "Carter.."

"Mommy." He replied, Mel chuckling at him while grabbing Lil Nick since he was squeezing her leg. "He's so spoiled, Tray all over again."

"No Tray." Carter shook his head, I raised an eyebrow. "Mommy, where Tray?"

"At home."