31 彡

Faye couldn't stop fixing her hair and checking her reflection in the mirror behind her desk every second, getting cautious about her appearance because she wasn't wearing any makeup and her glasses were her only protection. She didn't even know why she agreed to this at all.

"You look fine, don't worry" Beomgyu's voice made her jump slightly in her seat, forgetting that her camera was on and so was his.

"U-Uh... ahahaha... so what do we need to do?" Faye dumbfoundedly asked, fiddling with her fingers as she looked at the camera of her iPad afterward.

"We're going to study, Faye" She heard a small laugh escaping his lips.

"Right! Okay! Let me just get my textbooks and stuff"

Faye bit down on her lip from her sudden stupidity, yeah she might be dumb but not that dumb to forget the reason for their call. Beomgyu made it clear in his text message that they were going to study, but after seeing him, in his bedroom with the light from his laptop filling in every feature of his face.  She panicked.

When Faye got back to her chair, Beomgyu's head was already looking down at the current notes that he was doing, only hearing the sound of cars passing by on his side.

She felt lost.

Yes, she studies but mostly relies on her stock knowledge, this is making her brain malfunction. And the thought of the exams coming up very soon made her panic even more, stressing herself as she opened one of her textbooks.

"Use the red highlighter for the ones that you need to memorize, yellow for the ones that you need to remember, and then green for the important ones," Beomgyu said, breaking away from writing his notes to look at her through his camera after noticing her small struggle on where to start.

"Okay..."

"Don't stress yourself, remember, we're just studying"

Nodding her head before puffing out a breath of air out of her mouth, she followed his words from earlier. The night went on with Faye asking questions, opinions even on how to study properly without forgetting what you just went through, Beomgyu answered all of them, speaking from experience from endless all-nighters that he pulled.

Faye looked down at her notes with satisfaction, they were neatly written and the details along with the information needed for the exam were enough. She even had a bear sticker on the top right corner of the page.

Hours went by and they didn't even know that it was ticking away at such a fast pace. They were just way too engrossed in each other's company and their reviewers to notice. With a playlist from Faye's phone playing in the background, it felt comfortable.

"Oh? It's already two am?" Faye gasped after seeing her wall clock.

"Hmm? Then we should end the call then, you did your studies right?" Beomgyu asked, leaning his back on his chair with a sigh escaping his mouth.

"Yeah! And I'm surprised that I studied for three hours straight without getting up! Or even checking my phone!"

Beomgyu didn't say anything but just smile after seeing her proud state.

"Good night, Faye"

"Good night, Beomgyu"

And with that, they both clicked the end button at the same time, the sudden silence of their room kicking in, already missing what just ended.

彡