42 彡

Nearly tripping on her own feet from the moment Faye closed the front door, she ran after seeing a figure sitting down beside their gate. With her parents fast asleep, she doesn't have to worry about them but still, she's cautious.

The sound of the metal gate opening made Beomgyu turn his head to look at it, seeing the girl that he was waiting for. Sending her a small smile, he watched as Faye slowly took the space beside him.

The first few seconds were quiet, both of them were just staring at the sky above with the cold air kissing their skin. Looking over her shoulder, Faye saw the hidden daze lingering on Beomgyu's face.

But before she could even ask him questions, he beat her to it by talking to her.

"It's a beautiful view," Beomgyu said with his head still leaning back to look at the stars above.

"Yeah..."

Then it was quiet again.

Puffing out a breath of air, Faye gathered herself together to continue her thoughts from earlier.

"Are you okay?"

She saw how his eyes then trailed down to the road in front of him, the single light coming from the lamppost provided shadows for him to figure out.

"No" Taken back by his straightforwardness, Faye bit the inside of her cheek.

Careful with her words, she moved her head in search of her eyes to lock with his.

"Do... Do you want to talk about it?"

Sighing, Beomgyu pursed his lips before shaking his head.

"I don't want to talk about it but I do want to talk to you" 

Was it the cold wind that gave her the sudden butterflies? But the air was still and quiet and she could've sworn she could hear the sound of her heartbeat by then.

"Why me though? You have Soobin and Hueningkai who might be a better company than me... Is it because you miss me already?" Faye playfully said, nudging his arm gently as she heard a light chuckle leaving his lips.

Instead of answering, Faye watched him stand up, dusting off his pants before offering his hand for her to take.

"Let's take a walk? Or do you want to head inside now? I don't want you to get in trouble" Beomgyu asked her.

Pouting, Faye looked back at her house, seeing no lights were on and it was quiet under her parent's lead.

"Let's go!" Taking his hand, Faye was lost for a moment. This was her first time touching his hand.

"You didn't bring your bike?"

"I felt like walking"

"Are you tired?"

"No"

The whole time was spent with them talking about non-sense things, from Faye's recent cartoons binge and Beomgyu's dream of being an architect with his friends. Eating ice cream at an open convenience store whilst talking about unreachable adventures that might complete a book.

Sitting quietly, Faye lowered the plastic spoon of her ice cream as she stared at the boy sitting beside her. This was a complete surprise for her, seeing Beomgyu like this.

But despite his hidden silence due to his reasons, Faye was still happy to have this memory to remember.

彡