[51]

November twenty-ninth, fourteen twenty. I've re-written this episode SO MANY TIMES, I hated the outcome so >.> back to square one.

Luz awoke early, dragging Hunter out of bed to ready in clothes she brought for him, guiding him out to the field. Parvati was there waiting, pointing to the field and speaking to her farmer friend, "Yes but if we don't clean the aphids off the larger crops over there--"

"They'll eat the plants," He nodded. "I get that, but we don't have time to clean them off. The ladybugs are being eaten by the wolfspiders, we can't do anything."

Parvati hummed, adjusting her basket on her hip, "So the spiders are all gathered in that area."

"Yes."

"We clear it out, they're breeding and have already nested. How soon can we move the plants in the area?"

"Uh- I-I'll get the others started on it!"

"Good, not too much, we just need to get the spiders out and about in different areas. I'll bring our arachnologist out so she can carry them out with her til the females are done and bring the males back out to work." Parvati slapped his back. "You can get back to planting after."

He bowed, rushing off to the barn. Luz walked over, bumping Parvati, "What can we do for you?"

"Mornin'," Parvati hummed, handing Luz her basket. "I'll get another basket, show Hunter how to do it til I'm back."

"Yes ma'am." Luz nodded, holding the basket up. "Come on Bruv."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"So you're bait, for your own people?" Hunter clarified, taking a bite of his apple, leaning forward.

Cheshire nodded, "I do what I need to if it helps my people live. The fisherman work with the chefs of the town some days so they can provide food for all of us when we all need a break. Free of charge, all you need to bring is yourself, family, and maybe something to share if you're willing."

Hunter awed, "You are an exceptional leader, Cheshire."

"Thank you." He smiled. "I do my best for my people."

"Your best is amazing, I might move here after I've retired."

"I'd be happy to have you Hunter," Cheshire bowed. "For your hard work of course, being able to tackle the fields is a job we require and is only for our hardest workers."

"I still don't feel better than Parvati." Hunter nodded to her. "She was several times faster than us."

She shrugged, "Baskets get heavy, you have to get used to em. I've been planting for the last eleven years or so of my life." She stood, sighing. "Two more fields left, and you're doing this without pay."

Luz nodded, "For housing and food I will happily work for you." Luz stood. "What's next?"

Hunter hopped to his feet, sighing and stretching his lower back, "Is the soreness normal?"

"Oh yes, very." Cheshire hopped onto his shoulder. "Every two weeks I require all my farm workers and blacksmiths to relax their muscles, in spas or massage parlors."

A whinny came from a ways off, the group looking around, "Didn't sound like my horse." Hunter spoke.

"Paco doesn't whinny unless there's mice around.." Luz hummed, shaking her head. "I'll be back, gotta get rid of it for him or else he'll have a heart attack.."

Hunter pat her back, walking alongside Parvati to retrieve another basket of seedlings. Luz walked to the stables, Paco jumping about, snorting and slamming his hooves down. "Mmeeaak!"