𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐫:𝟏𝟏💫

"But I don't want nothing at all,  If it ain't you, baby"

"But I don't want nothing at all, If it ain't you, baby"

"But I don't want nothing at all,  If it ain't you, baby"

The world felt empty. Like a desolate and abandoned store, everything was once filled with life and purpose, until all was ruined. I guess that's what had me fooled, I believed she was the answer to all of my problems, and I thought, maybe she would stay. But everyone leaves, so why am I surprised, why am I so hurt? Weeks had passed, two to be exact, and going to school felt like a mental drag. Especially after Nicki had disappeared from my life. I couldn't eat, sleep, or even cry like I wanted to. She took everything away from me.

Nicki moved her classes online, which I never knew was possible, had I known I would've done that years ago. Everyone was asking about her, especially Kelly and Michelle. Speaking of them, we've been hanging out more, talking about the past and the future. They both missed me, and the relationship we used to have. We agreed to hang out more and become friends again, and although I wasn't in the mood, I believed it was best, it was gonna help forget Nicki.

And as for the housing application, I didn't sign up. I was so upset and exhausted from crying that I just threw my laptop and went straight to sleep. As I said, things just felt different, like life was missing something, and I knew exactly what it was.

It was Onika.

Clenching the straps of my backpack while walking to the principal's office, my feet dragging with every step I took. The halls were crowded, as everyone was getting ready to go to their first classes of the day. I pushed past everyone, lowering my hoodie so no one could see my face or the bags under my eyes.

I walked into the principal's office, feeling the warm air hit my face within an instant of walking  in. As soon as I looked up, I saw Principal Jackson rubbing someone's back. I took off my hoodie and looked closely, seeing it was...

Nicki?

She was crying hard, sobbing, while rocking back and forth. Once Principal Jackson saw me, she smiled and walked over to me, her arms crossed.

"We need to talk. Sit down..." she said sternly, pointing to a chair. I rolled my eyes and sat in the chair, making sure it was an appropriate distance from Nicki who was looking down, her hair covering her face. I couldn't help but see how upset she was, it physically pained me, more than anything, but I couldn't show it. I just couldn't.

"What's up?" I said with a deep sigh, crossing my arms. Principal Jackson sat down behind her desk and tapped her sharp fingernails on the wood.

"Well...y'all tell me," she said with a sarcastic tone. I shrugged and looked around.

"Nothing I-"

"Nothing? Nothing going on? So the random bursts inside my office not happening anymore is nothing? Seeing y'all not talk or even look at each other is nothing? Nicki moving her classes to homeschool and crying when she had to come to school today is nothing?" she tilted her head, an angry expression on her face. She was not in it, but I didn't feel like explaining anything.

"Listen, I-"

"No you listen! Y'all are best friends, y'all were inseparable! Whatever happened couldn't have been that big of a deal for y'all to just not be friends anymore! That's ridiculous. Y'all are each other's lifelines and Bey, I've seen how you are with Nicki, I see that smile from when you were in elementary school! I saw how happy you are with her. So! With that being said, we squishing whatever this tension is, and y'all will leave hand in hand, being best friends again. So Beyonce, start. What happened?" me and Nicki were both speeches and although our pride was getting in the way, we couldn't help how true her words were.

"Uh..." I cleared my throat, sitting up straight. "Well, I guess, I don't know, I just thought she was replacing me...I hated that feeling. Especially since I have so much love for her...I was hurt. Even more so after that message I got from her." Nicki scrunched her face and looked at me, she looked like she was genuinely confused, which is odd.

"M-me?" she asked, pointing to herself. I nodded and gave her a confused look.

"Yeah...you said that you were busy, and you would be for a few days because of your friend and-"

"What!!" she yelled out. I jumped at how clear and loud that was. I looked at Principal Jackson who was also surprised, but very proud of Nicki. I turned back at Nicki who was heated at this point. I hurriedly took out my phone and showed her, and that made her more upset than before. "N-not me!" she scoffed, rolling her eyes.

What the hell?

"I- chile...we'll deal with that later." Principal Jackson said shaking her head and rubbing her temples. "Now Nicki, why are you upset with Beyonce?"  I turned my full attention to Nicki, she moved her hair out of her face. It wasn't that bright and welcoming expression, it was more of an exhausted look. I felt so bad but was just overly confused.

"I-" Nicki started before scoffing again and grabbing a notepad and a pen. And after 2 minutes of her writing furiously, she threw the notepad down on the desk. Principal Jackson nodded before taking it and read it out loud.

"Bey... did you say that you couldn't deal with Nicki and that she was just too much? Cause she said you said that and more, and it hurt her." that made me more confounded. To the point where I was laughing and shaking my head.

"Now what in the fuc-"

"Language lil girl!"

"I'm sorry. But no I would never say that! I love Nicki, everyone knows that! I could never just leave her for no reason! Sure, she's different but that's one of the many reasons I love her. Why in the hell would I say that!?" Principal Jackson scrunched her face up, it looked like she was calculating in her mind.

"Hold on....cause something not right. If Nicki didn't text you that, and I mean you should've known Nicki wouldn't replace you, and if Beyonce didn't say she didn't want to be friends with you. Then who in the hell did? Cause it's sounding like someone set y'all up. Maybe out of jealousy or out of hate?" we both looked at each other and began to think deeply, but that's when it hit me. It all made sense, and I'm confused about how I didn't see it earlier. The ugly stares, the rude remarks. Hell, I bet she's the one who invited the friend in the first place.

As if our minds clicked at the same time, we both looked at each other.

"That bitch." I said with a short laugh, shaking my head.

"Who-" Principal Jackson asked, looking around.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. I'll deal with it." suddenly, I felt Nicki give me a tight hug, I smiled and quickly hugged her back.

"I missed you," she whispered in my neck, and a few sniffles followed.

"I missed you more Oni." It felt good having her with me again, but this time I won't let anything or anyone get in between us. I promise.