𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐫: 𝟏𝟐💫

"When I finally found the words to say, I wanted to run away

"When I finally found the words to say, I wanted to run away."

Summer was starting, I could tell

Summer was starting, I could tell. By now the snow on the leaves where melting, and the frost on the blades of grass only stay in the morning, never the afternoon. I wasn't excited, because summer wasn't my favorite. I loved sitting in your room while hearing the soft rain hit your window. Or sleeping peacefully to the rustling leaves as the wind made its way through the trees. Those were my favorite times, even though my dad would only complain more about having to go to work in these conditions.

No one ever cared though.

It's been two days since the whole situation with Nicki, and I've tried my best to hide my emotions and anger, but I seriously can't. I tried to distract myself by drawing it out or walking around the house while playing soft music, but that only made it worse. To think that Robyn didn't like me that much, to the point where she almost ruined a friendship that I nor Nicki cannot live without. We need each other, and, we are happy with each other. So why is she upset about that?

I was walking down to Nicki's because we were both supposed to go and meet up with Kelly and Michelle after school. They wanted to go watch some horror movies and go eat, but even though I didn't want to do either of those, I decided to go. Or my mom made me. She also made me talk to my dad on the phone, which resulted in him yelling and cussing me out. He claimed that I had forgotten him and that "What if I never make it home?"

I wish.

He said that he would be home in a week, but of course, me and my mom doubt that. We knew he was out there, giving his side hoe misery and hell, we didn't care though, as long as it wasn't us.

I ran my hand over my bare arms as I got closer to her house. Because of the weather warming up, I can't see long sleeves anymore, which sucks. I got on the porch and lifted my hand to knock on the door, but suddenly it swung open, and I saw a high-ass Robyn with a blunt in her mouth. I rolled my eyes and let out a deep breath.

"Where Nicki?" I asked lowly, she laughed and rested her body on the doorway.

"Go look for her, since y'all together now. Ion gives a fuck anymore." she laughed, taking the blunt out of her mouth. I scoffed and tried to move past her but she roughly pushed me back outside, causing me to almost trip and fall backward.

"What the fu-"

"You ruined everything! Now Nicki won't even look at me." suddenly, I felt a rough kick to my side, I gasped, feeling nothing but pain and air being knocked out of me.

"It's not my fault you lied to both of us! Of course, she doesn't like you! She never did-" another hard kick to my side. A bigger and louder gasp escaped my mouth as I held my side while hissing at the pain. 

"You should've stayed yo ass in the projects with your broke ass mama." without any warning, I kicked her leg, causing her to trip, within seconds I was on top of her, throwing punches directly at her face while she did the same to me. Hair was pulled, and blood was here and there, covering some of the snow that was still in existence. Suddenly we heard the door slam.

"Robyn!!" Nicki screamed, pushing me off of her, we were both just staring at her as she was starting to get overwhelmed and stressed. Both of our faces were bloody and cut open at this point, but I guess none of us were concerned about that. We were concerned about Nicki.

"Oni...i-" Robyn tried to say, but she was too exhausted to finish her sentence. Nicki scoffed and pulled her up, dusting her off.

"G-go and clean up," she said with a sigh, covering her face with her hands. Robyn rolled her eyes and walked off slowly due to our fight. I felt bad, but as much as you talk about me, my mom's name should never come out of your mouth, it's that simple. I sighed before trying to get up, however, Nicki helped me up and gave me a tight hug before taking me inside, as we came in, Robyn was going upstairs, holding an ice pack. Nicki just shook her head, taking me to the bathroom. Once we were in, she closed the door behind us, and quickly grabbed towels and rubbing alcohol.

"Nick, I'm fine- damn!" I hissed at the cold alcohol hitting my wounds. She smiled and laughed before holding my face still. Eventually, I got used to it, but damn, that shit stung badly. She then grabbed her bandaids and carefully places them on each of my wounds, there wasn't much, though it felt like it was.

"All better!" she said with a smile, then she placed a gentle kiss on my cheek. I nervously laughed while trying to look elsewhere, my stomach was doing turns and I just really wanted to get patched up and leave to go to the movies.

"Thanks..." I whispered, getting off the excess dry blood. "Nicki..."

"Hm?" she hummed while putting everything away.

"Do you love Robyn still? Or are you still mad?" I asked. She shrugged and shut the closet door, then let out a deep breath.

"Love Robyn, but still hurt..." she said sadly, looking down. Within seconds, she was crying, I quickly took her in my embrace and calmed her down, seeing her cries were getting more and more violent as she thought about it more. She loves her sister, more than she could ever love me, but she's just too hurt to come to terms with it for now.

"I see...but Nick, you should try to talk it out with her. I don't know why I'm even trying to help her when she lied and nearly beat my ass but...I think once you give it some time for both of y'all to calm down, then you should talk to her. She is your sister, Nick." Nicki nodded and crossed her arms. I could tell she was just tired of all of it. "Good, now don't look too sad, we still have a movie to go to." I laughed. She nodded and looked up at me, resting her head on my chest, I stroked her hair while placing a kiss on her forehead.

That's when it hit me.

Feeling her, knowing she was by me, knowing that I could make her smile, and knowing that she was attached to me as I was to her, made those feelings come right back. The butterfly feeling you get in your stomach, or the heart feeling that makes you feel that you are sure that this person was the right one for life. Nicki was my lifeline. I cleared my throat and swallowed down my fear, ready to just tell her.

"Nick...I need to tell you something..." I trailed out, feeling my hands and my knees immediately turn weak.

"Hmm?" She hummed out, looking up at me with tired eyes. I let out a deep sigh...

"I'm in lo-"Suddenly my phone rang loudly, I rolled my eyes before grabbing my phone. I saw that it was Kelly, probably letting me know that the movie was about to start at any minute.

"W-what?" She asked, her smile turned into a pout.

"I'm in love with...this bathroom decor. Yeah," I said, coming up with something quick. "Anyways, we should get going, they're waiting for us." She nodded before excitedly getting ready and coming back downstairs. She grabbed my hand and we made our way to Kelly's house.

Dammit.