Chapter 1

(Bartender By Lady A)

Foolish's Pov

The clock on the wall of my house finally hit 8 o'clock. I rushed to get my jacket, and into my car. Sam was going to meet me at the bar at 8:30, but I just couldn't wait anymore. Walking into Smokey's is like entering a whole different world.

These women were all powerful, and compared to them, I felt like nothing. And for the past month, coming in here, sitting in the corner while i watch Eryn Blake work this bar like she owns the place, has made my life have adrenaline.

The first time I laid eyes on her last month with Sam, Karl, Sap, and Punz, I didn't want to stop looking at her. She was drawing me in more and more. I couldn't take my eyes off of her, and then she spoke to me, and all of my morals flew out of the window.

I put my phone on silent as I sat in the corner I've grown so accustomed to. Rylee was behind the bar, along with Julie, and Eryn. I swear I could see her electric green eyes from my seat.

I hope that one of these days I will work up the courage to talk to her, to even say hello. There was something about her that made me want to run, but for once in my life I want a little danger. I want to see if I get burned if I get too close. I want to see what Eryn Blake's life is like, and I wanna know what it would be like if i was a part of it.

"Hey!" Sam slid into the booth, sitting across from me. I looked down at my phone.

8:32pm

"Hey, how are you?" I asked, running my fingers through my hair, combing it back.

"I'm good, how are you?" Just as I went to open my mouth and speak, Rylee ran over.

"Hey!" Rylee ran up to us, kissing Sam's cheek.

"Hey, is your friend still single?" I asked Rylee, pointing over at Eryn. Rylee laughed, she always thought i was joking.

"Still single. What can I get for you guys?"

"Water." Sam said and Rylee laughed.

"A coke." I looked up at Rylee and she smiled.

"Coming right up!" She walked away with a smile on her face as I looked back over to the bar.

"You are an idiot!" Eryn laughed loudly as this woman started shotgunning her beer.

Her laugh was like a song that I could listen to on repeat for hours.

"Foolish?" Sam gave me a knowing smile after I turned my head back to look at him.

"Why don't you just go talk to her?" I looked back over at the bar. Her tattoo's crawling up the side of her neck. Doves. They were Doves.

"I don't have the balls to. Look at her, and then look at me. There's no way." I looked back at Sam and he shook his head.

"You're a good person, Noah. You're funny, you're good looking, you're tall, and if she can't see any of the good parts about you, then she's dumb." Sam shrugged his shoulders as the sound of footsteps got closer.

"Hey Handsome, your coke." I looked up at her, and she had a smile on her face. She set down Sam's water in front of him. Her leather heels that stopped almost at her knee. Her leather pants, and black tank top. She always looked so good, and so put together.

"Thanks." I responded after Sam kicked my leg under the table.

"Hey sweetheart, do you know where the manager is?" Eryn put her hands on her hips and gave the older man a smile.

"You're looking at her." She smiled wider and the man rolled his eyes.

"Where's the owner?" The man crossed his arms and Eryn's smile dropped.

"Once again, you're looking at her."

My mouth hung open as I looked back over to Sam. There's no way he didn't know. That's why every time I show up here, she is always working. She owns the bar. I kick him under the table and a smile forms on his face.

The man paused, looking around. He fixed his hat, and shirt.

"I like what you've done to the place." He said with a smile before walkin away. Eryn turned back to us and looked down at me.

"Anything else I can get for you?" She had a spanish, yet country accent. I didn't think those two would ever mix well together, but it was enough to send chills down my arm every time she spoke.

"Good- We're good! Thank you!" I rambled out and she laughed.

"You boys let me know if you need anything." She turned her back and started walking back to the bar.

"Hey Bartender!" Eryn turned around and looked at me.

"I'm still waiting for your number!" She laughed, turning her back once more and getting back to work.

"Foolish, if you keep staring you might drool."

"Shut up, Sam. Let me stare in peace." I rolled my eyes at Sam and he laughed after taking a sip of his drink.

"Make a move. I swear you won't regret it." 

876 Words