Chapter 4

(Wish You Were Sober By Conan Gray)

Eryn's Pov

I walked through the door, throwing my heels in the sea of shoes on the floor by my front door. The tarps lined the wall. I brushed my hair out of my face. I made my way up to my bedroom. The mirror on the wall caught my eye when I realized I still had his jacket.

I shook my head with a smile on it before I took the jacket off and hung it on the chair on my desk. I took my suit off and changed into old clothes before making my way back downstairs. I grabbed the paint buckets from the kitchen.

I cracked open the paint, not forgetting the smell of the wet paint from my past. I grabbed the brush, and the ladder and started painting my living room and entryway.

I walked downstairs. My body screamed with every step I took. The bruises littered my hands, all the way up my arms. The more steps I walked down, the more my house smelled.

The smell of wet paint made me forget about all of the pain that I was feeling. I ran the rest of the way downstairs. Eric and his friends were painting my house. They were painting MY house. My mouth dropped open as I stood at the bottom of the steps with tears filling my eyes.

"Your fucking joking?" My voice caused all of the guys to look over at me. Some of their faces dropped when they saw the state I was in. Eric got off of the ladder and walked over to me.

"Don't you like it, sweetheart?" Eric put his arm around me, and smiled at all of his friends. My beautiful baby blue walls were now yellow.

I took Eric's arm off of me, going to grab my dad's flag and my mothers badge. Once I grabbed them, I walked right back upstairs. I put them into a box in my closet, and looked in the mirror in my bedroom.

The bruises littered my face. One day Eric would be nice, the next I wouldn't be so lucky. My red hair made me angry. My mothers hair, my fathers eyes. It was enough to drive me crazy.

"E!" Eric yelled when he walked into our bedroom.

I shook my head, pushing the memories away. With my free hand, I pushed the brown fly aways, away from my face. The music blasted through my speaker as I continued to paint. I am so focused on fixing this house because it looks so much like my parents old house. The wrap-around porch was new, but I liked to think of it as a gift from my parents.

Plus I was trying so hard to distract myself from the boy that has been taking over my mind. And he's not even paying rent. I laughed at my own thoughts.

He thinks I don't notice him sitting in the same corner every day of the bar I own. Or how for the first week he ordered a coca cola, so every time i saw him walk in, i had one of the waitresses deliver it.

Knowing him, he probably thought one of the waitresses memorized his order or something. But I have noticed Noah ever since he walked into my bar a month ago. Ever since he asked for my number in front of his friends.

Ever since his bubbly personality came into my bar, it's also been consuming my life. He was taking over everything I've known. And it scared the hell out of me. I don't do relationships. Not since...

I closed my eyes, pushing the memories away once more. I hated how much they still haunted me. I hated how much it still had a hold on my life. It's been four years, and yet when I think of those memories I want to run and hide in my bedroom.

"You are not the girl you were all those years ago." I mumbled to myself. It helped me ground my emotions. It helped me focus on myself, and not the memories of Eric.

"Sweetheart! It's our engagement party! Hurry up!" I pulled the white dress hoping it would grow. It was so tight. My body was constricted.

"I'm almost ready!" I called out, running down my stairs.

"Dad!" I ran into his arms when he walked inside.

"Hey Smokey!" He wrapped his arms around me, lifting me off the ground a little. When he put me down I excitedly showed him the ring on my finger.

"I can't believe you're engaged! You're growing up so fast." He kissed my head with a smile on his face.

"I love you, Smokey." I hugged my dad once more and he laughed. My family, Eric's family, and all of our friends were hanging out around our house. I had my life put together. Everything was perfect!

I should've known then. It was too good to be true.

"You embarrassed me." I turned to look at Eric. He must've seen the look of confusion on my face.

"You acted like a child." My smile from the day left my face and my hands dropped to my sides.

"I'm sorry? I didn't mean to?" The confusion bubbled in my throat. I was so confused about what I did.

Little did I know, that's where it would all begin.

I walked over to the kitchen, opening the fridge, taking the leftover pizza I had, out. I put it on a plate. I grabbed a beer and opened it, taking a sip before opening the pizza box and taking a bite.

10:57pm

I groaned, knowing that at this rate, I could have the whole house painted in a year. The living room was done, but the entryway wasn't. I danced around my kitchen eating and drinking. My life wasn't perfect back then, and it sure as hell isn't perfect now, but i wouldn't want it any other way. 

1002 Words