Chapter 5

(Wonderland By Taylor Swift)

Foolish's Pov

I got out of my car and walked up the stairs onto the porch. I raised my hand and knocked on the door. The door opened and her eyes were the first thing I noticed. They sparkled when she noticed it was me. Eryn looked up at me with the biggest smile on her face.

"Hey Handsome! I do have to warn you, it's messy in here, but I need to go grab my bag upstairs." She waved her hand, and I walked into the house.

The smell of wet paint filled my nose, the tarps all on the walls, the random pairs of shoes thrown around by the door, the empty pizza box on the floor by the ladder, and an empty beer bottle.

"Rough night, I'm sorry!" She picked the stuff up before taking it to what I assumed to be the kitchen. I took in the pastel green walls, with the white border. This looks amazing.

"Thank you!" My face flushed as I heard her rush up the stairs. Boxes laid on the floor everywhere. It looked like a tornado hit, but honestly, it looked so aesthetically pleasing.

God, I'm talking to Skylar too much.

"I've been doing so much work around this house." She appeared in front of me, with her purse and another bag. I took the bag from her hands, and followed her out of the house when she was ready.

"I told you, call me if you need help. Once I built a tree house for my sister. It wasn't the best thing ever, but she loved it." I rambled and she smiled. I opened up the passenger door, making sure she was okay, putting her bag into the back seat. I went over to the driver's seat, getting in and starting my car.

"I might have to take you up on it. I need to finish painting the walls so I can install my flooring. And as you can see, I barely have gotten anywhere." Her green suit brought out her eyes.

"More meetings today?" I gestured to her outfit and she groaned.

"You have no idea how annoying they are." I laughed before starting my car.

"How long have you been living there?" I turned out of her driveway, and she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Almost a year and a half. Everything upstairs is finished, but the first floor is a struggle."

"Well, what are you doing on this nice Wednesday night?" I felt my own face heating up as I asked her that question. Why did I have to be so easily embarrassed and happy?

"You're blushing!" She threw her head back and I rolled my eyes. Her hand reached over, and she poked my cheek causing me to laugh.

"I'm doing nothing on this nice Wednesday night. I will get my car back tomorrow morning." She shrugged, pulling the mirror down in my car and fixing her hair. She wore the hair tie I gave her, on her wrist.

"Why don't I pick you up from work later, and I can help you?" I pulled into the parking lot, in the same parking spot I always park in.

"Only if we can get McDonalds." She suggested, causing me to laugh.