Chapter 12

(Jigsaw By Conan Gray)

Eryn's Pov

"Eryn! Welcome back, what can I do for you today?"

"I need my roots covered, they're coming back in." The woman in front of me nodded and got to work. I never did well with small talk, it was either I was quiet, or I would talk to you all day. Today was one of those quiet days.

"He's gone, Eryn. You're free."

I never thought I would hear those words in my life, but now that I have, I've never been more confused in my life.

I met Eric when I was 15, he proposed at 19, and I'm 23 and he's in jail. Eric is all I have known. Eric was all I had. Now I was alone.

I had no clue what to do. I walked through the doors of my house and was immediately sick of being there. I hated it here.

I walked up into my room and looked in the mirror on my wall. I hated who I was. Angry filling my veins before I grabbed my keys and got into my car.

I gripped the steering wheel, looking at myself in the mirror. I hated who I was. I hated who I was with him.

Driving to the store was a blur. I don't even remember being in the store either. It was like I was a robot. My legs carried me upstairs to my room, dumping everything in the bag, out onto my bed.

The sound of the box ripping open made me scared and nervous, but I was so tired of myself being built with fear. The brown box dye looked almost black in the bottom.

I should get it professionally done instead of this, but I didn't have time to react. The hair dye was going onto my hair, and I was spreading it every which way.

I hated my red hair. The gloves were getting heavier on my hand with the more dye I used, but I needed to make sure it was all gone. Once it was done, I sat there staring in my mirror the whole time it was supposed to be in my hair.

I rinsed it out, dried it, and looked back in the mirror. My mouth hung open. My once red hair, was now light brown, and I loved it. I ran into my bathroom and grabbed scissors before going back to my mirror. This was it.

"How are you liking this?" My roots were fixed and I was happy. I felt myself sigh in relief.

"Can you trim it for me too if you can?" The woman smiled, and nodded before grabbing her scissors.

The sound of the scissors clipping together was a sound I knew I would never forget. It would always take me back to the day everything changed. The day I killed the person that existed before me. The day I finally became myself.