t w o

yeona

After eating what my grandma gave me, I went to the kitchen to put the dish at the sink, then I went to the back of the house.

"Grandma? Are you there?" I called, then she popped out of a mini house-like shed. She was inside the shed and she was holding a rabbit.

"Come inside, I'll introduce you to my friends." She said then put down the rabbit she was holding.

I went inside, then Felix the chick went to me again. "Hi Felix!" I said and petted his head, which he enjoyed.

"As I already introduced, the chick is Felix, the puppy is Seungmin and the wolf sleeping up there is Chan." She started, then she walked to her other friends.

"This rabbit's name is Minho." She carried the rabbit and petted it. "And he's Changbin." She put down the rabbit and went straight to the pig having his snacks. Then she pecked at the second floor of the shed. "Beside Chan, you'll see a sleeping quokka, that's Jisung." She watched them sleep for a couple minutes, and after that she went outside the shed.

I followed after her and went to the back of the shed. There, we saw a fox and a ferret playing at the riverside. "Ahh there you guys are." When they heard Grandma, they hurriedly went to her and greeted her, then they looked at me and greeted me as well.

"These are Hyunjin the ferret and Jeongin the fox. These two are very playful with each other. You will always see them together." She said, then the two continued their play at the river.

After the introductions, she toured me inside and outside the house, showing me every stuff she can show, and those important notes that I need to remember.

"And I have two rules for you that you need to follow." Grandma said as she sat down on her chair.

"What is it, Grandma?" I asked and sat down as well on the couch beside her chair.

"One, don't interrupt me during my nap time. And two, never ever ever ever ever, enter my room without my permission." She said with a threat to her words. I nodded at her and she smiled at me

"Good, as long as those two were followed, we won't have any problems." She said, then she went upstairs.

"I'll be having my nap time." She yelled from the second floor, then the door to her room closed. I looked around as I searched for something to do.

I started wandering around the house. I went to the front yard and walked straight to the cherry blossom tree. I saw a swing attached to one of its branches, so I decided to sit at the swing.

But before I did, I saw a sleeping figure at the swing. It was Seungmin. I remembered how he gnarled at me earlier, which scared me until now, so I left him there. He might not want to see me when he wakes up.

I went to the mini shed again to see what they were doing now. I slowly approached the shed and there I saw them still doing what they were doing earlier, but now Hyunjin and Jeongin joined them. I don't want to interrupt them so I left.

I went straight to the river and saw a bench, so I sat there. This is kind of relaxing. A bench under a tree, beside the running river which has a relaxing sound. I never experienced this in my hometown.

There, it has a lot of tall buildings, cars and a lot of unfamiliar and scary people. And here, in the middle of the forest, there are a lot of trees and fresh air. Also, me and my grandma were the only people here. I wonder why there are no other people living here.

I almost dozed off, so I went back to the cottage. There I saw Jisung and Minho trying to jump to the countertop at the kitchen. When I looked at the top of it I saw some fruits, which they might want to eat.

I grabbed an apple, sliced it in half and gave each part to both of them. They looked at me and grabbed it with their tiny hands, then they looked at me again, like they wanted to say something to me. After taking a bite, they went off to the mini shed.

I went to my room to fix my stuff. And when I opened the door, I saw Chan, again, sleeping at the top of my bed. This must be his favorite sleeping place. I let him sleep and went to my business.

After a few hours, I finished arranging my stuff then I went out of my room to see if grandma was already awake.

I went down the stairs, to the living room and there she was, sitting at her favorite chair while drinking something in a purple mug. I sat down on the couch next to hers and she looked at me.

"Did you have fun looking around the house?" She smiled at me then took a sip from her mug. I smiled back at her while nodding.

"Okay, it's good to hear. Ohh, we have to cook something for dinner. It's nearly nighttime already." She stood up then I followed her.

She rummaged around her kitchen to look for ingredients. When she gathered everything she needed, we started cooking for our dinner.

She taught me a new recipe that I never heard of. I can cook, but this is something that us city people don't know about. While cooking, her companions went to the kitchen one by one to watch us and to play with each other.

After we finished cooking, we prepared the dining table. We eat together while she tells me some old stories about this forest.

And when I say old, it means something magical is related to it.