s i x t e e n

yeona

Upon arriving at the cliff, I saw lots of black smoke up in the sky. And when I looked down, a large portion of the forest was bald. Lots of vehicles and machineries were there, cutting the trees down.

I almost jumped down the cliff to tell them to stop, but the cliff was way too high for me to survive that landing.

I quickly pulled my wand from my ring, and made stairs to the bottom of the cliff with my Earth spell. We slowly ran down as it was too high for us.

When we reached down, we hurriedly went to the people who were starting to cut down some trees again.

"Hey!! Stop that!" I yelled at them. A man saw me running to them and told his co-workers about me. One approached me before going near the others.

"What are you doing here? A girl like you shouldn't be here doing cosplay or stuff." Then he looked down at the ground. "And you even brought animals with you. What do yo—Ohh wait, is that a wolf?" He sat down, trying to pet Chan at his head, but he growled at him, making the man sit down the ground due to shock.

"Please, stop cutting the trees. I'm begging you." I told him as he stood up from the ground, fixing his pants.

"Only if you give me that wolf." He pointed at Chan, who hurriedly went behind me to hide.

"Clearly, he doesn't want to come with you." I said in a mocking tone, but the man smirked at me. "Then, your request is denied. Only if you give me that wolf, I'll grant your wish." I angrily looked at him as he walked away.

I looked at the little ones, and they seemed worried about the situation. "Don't worry, I will never give Chan to them." I told them, and they all hopped in joy. "C'mon, we have to find a way to stop them." I said as we ran in the forest, or what remains from it.

We watched all of the workers as they chopped down the trees, which was heartbreaking for us who lived here. And when the night fell, all of them went to their sleeping grounds to set up their tents. The little ones fell asleep as we waited all afternoon for them to finish.

I tried to stay up until midnight, so everyone was already in bed. When midnight came, that's when I came out of our hiding spot. I went alone and left the sleeping little ones. It will make them safer.

I approached the vehicles and machineries that they use to cut the trees. With my wand, I cast Shadow Bolt to disable all the machinery. But as soon as I approached the vehicles to do the same, someone grabbed me and pinned me down the ground, facing up the sky.

The man from earlier was sitting above me, almost confiscating my wand from me but I quickly hid it at my ring. "I knew you were going here late at night." He chuckled as he stared down at me. "Not only that you refuse to give me that wolf, you even went here alone, playing with our machineries." He was laughing all the time he held me down the ground.

I kept quiet, thinking of any way to escape from him. Then he held my face to make me look at him. "Hey, why aren't you saying anything? Are you scared? Why aren't you helping them?" He asked, then he made me look at my right. There was a cage on the ground, and everyone was inside. All of the little ones were unconscious inside.

"GUYS!!" I yelled, then the man made me look at him. "If you want to wake up my men, then yell. I won't stop you." He laughed again, like a maniac. My blood started to boil in anger. I shouldn't have left them alone, defenseless.

I thought of something, but I didn't think it would make him fall down from me. I clenched my fist very tight, and punched him straight in his face with all my strength. He quickly went down from me and I went straight to the little ones. I sighed in relief as I saw them in good condition, except their mouths were muffled.

I faced the man, which was nowhere to be found. I pulled out my wand from my ring and quickly hid myself with an invisibility spell. I roamed around to look for him, and there he was, entering a truck. As soon as he entered, he started the truck and rushed to the cage where the little ones are.

I ran as well and saw that he would hit them with the truck. Without a second thought, I cast Shadow Bolt to the truck to disable it and the vehicle remained running.

I quickly cast an Earth spell on the little ones and formed an Earth Wall between them and the incoming truck. My heart almost stopped as the truck crashed at the wall. I removed my invisibility spell and quickly ran at the man on the truck and checked on him. He was nowhere inside the truck. Before turning around, I felt a pair of hands on my neck, squeezing it really hard.

"You're really stubborn aren't you, little witch?" He said as he slowly lifted me with his hands still in my neck. I gasped for air as he lifted me the highest he could. When I felt like I was almost dying with a lack of air, he let me go, which made me fall down the ground.

I weakly looked around and saw Felix beside me, flapping his little wings at me like he's giving me oxygen. And it somehow worked. I slowly stood up and looked around to see the little ones beating down the man. His arms and legs were tied up with roots from the ground, which made me confused.

I slowly approached them, giving an angry look at the man. He couldn't move at all, which made me chuckled. "Sucks on you, Mother Nature finally took his revenge on you." He chuckled as well, looking at me straight in the eyes. "Well, you win now. What will you do about it?" He asked, which made me look behind me, and one by one, his men arrived.

"Hey, what are you doing with our boss?" One yelled at me, but I didn't mind him. I proceeded to the vehicles and cast Shadow Bolt on each of them, leaving them disabled and not functioning.

Then I looked around the bald part of the forest and rose up my wand. I cast Arboreal Flourish spell and slowly, trees started to grow at the bald part until the trees were full grown and the moonlight didn't reach the ground at all. I also summoned golems to protect every part of the forest. The vehicles were also covered with plants, like it was hundreds of years that passed.

I started to walk away, but then I turned to them. "I hope this event won't happen again. Because if it will, you will all die. Mark my words." I told them, and continued on our journey with the little ones following behind.