Chapter 25

The room was eerily silent. The tension in the atmosphere was heavy. Gulf was sitting on the chair with his legs crossed and arms resting on the armchair with an intimidating aura. He looked like a predator ready to pounce on his prey any moment. His prey.. his rival, sitting across him, pointing his gun at Gulf, with a devilish smirk, declaring that he is the new king of this jungle.

When suddenly
Bang!

A gunshot shattered the stillness, narrowly missing Kao through the window. In an instant, Gulf swiftly retreated, using the chair as cover. As Kao realized he was under attack, he retaliated, firing shots at Gulf. With remarkable agility, Gulf somersaulted his way towards the bedroom, grabbing a bedsheet on his way. 

Bullets rained on Kao from an unknown source as Gulf made his way to the balcony. Using the bedsheet, Gulf secured himself to the balcony grill and descended, reaching the ground. He sprinted toward a black van where armed men were shielding him from Kao's assault.

"What the hell P'lhong! Why did you shoot?" Gulf yelled as the van sped away.
"Mew's orders!" Was all Lhong said focusing on the escape.

As soon as Gulf reached Mew's safe house, he blasted at Mew for interfering. On the other hand Mew was concerned and worried for Gulf
"I had everything under control! Why did you interfere Phi!"
"He was pointing his gun at you Nong!"  Mew retorted sternly

"But I almost got the information from him"
"I don't care! What would you have done if you were in my place? Huh?"
Gulf had no answer to that. He loosened his grip on Mew's collar but Mew pulled his waist closer
In a voice almost like a whisper, looking intently at Gulf Mew continued
"I lost you once. I will not lose you again!"
Tears brimming in his eyes Mew could hardly control his emotions.

Gulf could feel Mew's heated breath against his face. Like magnets, their lips met, not in lust nor gentle love but out of necessity. The kiss was a yearning, a desire to be closer and to feel secure.

However, their intimate moment was abruptly interrupted when Gulf's phone rang, and it was Kao on the line. Mew and Gulf exchanged worried glances as Gulf answered the call on speaker.

"How dare you, you scoundrel! If you want your family back, you better bring your precious Mew to me. Haha! Gulf, who will it be, Mew or your family? Haha."The call ended with Kao's evil laughter, leaving a chilling sense of dread.

Tul barged into Mew's cabin and broke the news, "Mew, Rose, and Alexa are missing."

Mew felt responsible, "Gulf, this is because of me. I promise I will bring them back safely."

"No, Phi. I allowed that parasite into our lives. I will sort this mess."
Mew reluctantly agreed.

Two hours later, they found themselves at the entrance of an abandoned factory on the city's outskirts. Despite its desolation, the factory was heavily guarded by armed men. They cautiously approached, assessing the danger around them.

Their plan was straightforward: get Rose and Alexa in exchange for Mew, then rescue Mew. It seemed simple enough.

Gulf confronted Kao, "Kao, I have Mew. Release my family!" Men approached to search Gulf and Mew for weapons.

Kao, with a sinister grin, remarked, "What's the rush, sweetheart?"
Kao moved closer to Mew and Gulf
"Mew, you used to fascinate me, but seeing you powerless today disgusts me." Kao said while brushing his fingers on Mew's cheeks.

Mew tried to negotiate, "We're here; it's us you want, Kao. Let Rose and the child go!"

But Kao remained defiant, "Why should I do as you say?"

Frustrated, Gulf pleaded, "Kao, what do you want?"

Kao's response was chilling, "Power, Gulf, the power you fools possess but don't know how to use!"

Desperation drove Mew to beg, "If you want me to beg, Kao, I'm begging you. Let Gulf and his family go. You can do whatever you want with me."

Gulf intervened, stopping Mew.
Mew reassured Gulf, "It's okay, Nong. It's my fault for trusting this snake for so long."

Kao, growing impatient, aimed his gun at Gulf, ready to shoot. But Mew acted swiftly, disarming Kao and knocking him down. Gulf seized the gun and began firing at the men stationed around them, who took cover and returned fire.
Gulf swiftly reached where Rose was struggling with guard and knocked him down. He gestured Rose to escape with Alexa.

Struggling with Kao, Mew managed to grab another gun while Gulf continued to engage the men. They were outnumbered.

Desperately, Gulf asked Mew, "Where are Phi Tul and Phi Lhong?" A sudden burst of gunfire was heard from the exit door, catching everyone's attention.

Rose, holding a crying Alexa, walked in cautiously, her eyes filled with tears and fear. Behind her, were Phi Tul and Phi Lhong, hands raised in surrender. Following them, with a gun pointed at Rose and a sinister smile, was the mastermind behind it all, a man in his late fifties.
"Let my nephew go Mew!" He shouted.

Mew was shocked and whispered in disbelief, "Florence!"
Kao squirmed out of Mew's grip coughing vigorously.

Mew and Gulf along with Tul and Lhong were on their knees in front of Florence and Kao
Although Mew's blood was boiling with anger his poker face was on. He was regretting his mistake to let this bastard of a man live for this long.

"You are such a pain in the ass Mew! Always thinking so high and mighty of yourself!" Florence spoke with an annoyed tone.
"And you boy! Killing your father was more easier than killing you!" He said turning to Gulf
Gulf felt a sting at his heart. He wanted to strangle this man to death

"Don't worry uncle, I got it" Kao tried to intervene but that gained him deafening slap.
"Shut up you fool! You couldn't do one thing right in your life! How many chances should I give you!"
He turned back to Mew
"Enough is enough! You have to die" he said pointing his gun at Mew's forehead.
Mew fiercely looked into his eyes. Not a freckle of fear on his face. 
Suddenly a gunshot hit Florence's hand making him scream in pain. All his man fell down one by one.
Confused, he looked around only to see the place getting swamped by police men. The table had turned. And there was only chaos in that godforsaken factory. Kao tried to sneak out but was caught by few men in black overalls.

"Mew you bastard! What the hell did you do" Florence grunted.
Mew calmly stood up and went close to Florence. 

"I warned you!" Mew said in a cold low voice.
Soon the police men arrested Florence and Kao along with their guards.

Florence could no accept his defeat. As he was being taken away, he swiftly took a gun and shot Mew on his chest making Mew fall down instantly clutching his chest.

AN: Hello everyone! Hope everyone is doing great. Enjoy reading